wrecked 98 hatch.... lost cause?

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all depends where you get your parts from, start looking for the cheapest sites that sell 99-00 si fenders, hood,grill,get some ctr headlights maybe,and a grill

for the windshield i am of no help....

mongerson

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cool.. it still runs fine and the steering isnt even off... im just wondering about how to bend out that bottom bar

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
core support?depending how bad it is, you may just have to get a new one and weld it in

mongerson

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok its called a core support.... would i have to go saw one off at the junkyard myself or do they sell them somewhere? i have a welding connection....

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks to me like you will need a rad support which might be a pain to put because you have to drill out the welds and weld the new one back in...basically you need that whole front end piece thats hold the radiator....hood fenders grill bumper...headlights..the windshield is really pretty easy to put in but can be a pain also...it might be easier to have a company that all the do is replace windshields do that it might save you some trouble but if you want to replace it let me know and i will tell ya what tools and how

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
core support,radiator support, same thing.......you should get a new one for a 99-00 si

btw i can weld too

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
same thing happened to a car i used to have...putting a new support in sucks ass majorly, its a bunch of spot welds that need to be drilled out:(

mongerson

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
really? well id have to tow it back to PA just to work on it..... i wish i had a place out here that i could work on it... i was thinkin of gettin the type-r front end off ebay for like $700... i know ill also need the radiator support for sure but i thought that was the black thing that held the radiator? when i said bottom bar i meant the red part on the bottom thats bent in...

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats the lower core support the red thing

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its all one piece i do believe, atleast in my prior experience....where in ohio are you exactly?

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you could prolly get that whole red peice from a junk yard or dealer

mongerson

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civicex13: i was thinkin of just paying to have the windshield put in by one of those companies, unless someone wants to do it for me? ill pay as long as its done right... i know you can find the glass like way cheaper than what they charge...

what tools are required? maybe ill just give it a try myself

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i could do the conversion....for the right price....i just dont know where it could take place, i have a garage for 1 car, but i already have 2 cars.....

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^that is the whole red piece

mongerson

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well in about a month ill have $2000 to spend on it.... ive got some space in my backyard but its cold this time of year

mongerson

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
h23 did you try that link? it brings up the black radiator support.... i know ill need one of those

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah that black rad support on ebay is the whole red one on yours, thats all you need......

again, i'd do it, but idk where

mongerson

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no i have the black one too.... i tore that part off to see how bad the rest of the damage was... if you want i can go take a pic of it its all bent outta shape