Wrecked my civic :(

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was coming around a corner that merged with a straight road and I looked around my shoulder to check it was clear, and when I looked back a Neon had come to a complete stop. I slammed the brakes...and hit her. Her car has 3 smallish scratches...as for mine? I need a few goodies to make her good again.

-New fender
-respray bumper
-new grill (type R)
-headlights (black housing)
-new hood (VIS oem CF)
-straighten upper tie brace

It doesn't look all that bad...but its gonna cost about 1600 dollars. I am getting away for cheaper with the hood, headlights, and grill. Factory grills cost like 200 bucks..the type R was only 45. Factory hood sprayed is 800.....500 shipped for CF. The factory headlamps (inside is busted on both) cost about 400 something for new ones...tornactive.com black housing headligths are 150 shipped =)

well...here are some pics of my baby (wrecked)

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks a hell of a lot better than when i gashed mine up... but hey think of it as highly motivated upgrading.

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well ur front end collision turned out better than mine...

4thengine

Acne Records Rep.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but it's cool that you're looking at it as an opportunity rather than a setback. Post some after pics.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that sux but atleast ur doin the upgradin at this point

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man that sux...well good luck with the build up again.

Tap it

NA is Best!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Eg_Project
the CC curse strikes again !!!!!! that sucks man
no s**t. at least your saving money by getting those parts
just like me! :lol:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Originally posted by Eg_Project
the CC curse strikes again !!!!!! that sucks man
i think it's just a civic curse not a club civic curse. i've had 3 civics that have gotten hit. i'm on my 4th civic now and so far ( cross my fingers and and knock on wood) accident free.

stealthsi009

sTEalth MOde
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aw man sorry to hear about that, but at least now your will have a carbon hood. Get a front lip too to make it look sweeter!!!

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's truly accident season... when will it end... probably when Spring arrives.

Sorry about your ride. It coulda been worse.

munky

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That sucks.. My wreck like that didn't come out near that bad.. My hood is slightly dented up, and my bumper has a bad place in hit where I caught his trailer hitch.. other than that it's fine. And btw.. you don't have a type-r grill..or a cf hood o.0 I guess you're talking about that's what you're going to get to replace those parts... oh well. I wouldn't recommend getting a VIS hood b/c they have a rep of selling defective hoods.. but it's your money.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that aint too bad .... my moms accord was worse.

miggycrxsi

Are you Blizzed!!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its sucks though bro i feel your pain makes you not wanna drive it. dont worry will get fix in time.

phill11204

Happy New Year!!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had a very similar accident, luckily, it was before i did any modding. some guy decided to turn into his driveway while we were all traveling 40, he was in the center lane, i was on the side. i tried to stop but my stupid stock tires slipped and i tried to avoid him by turning, i hit him anyway, if i did'nt turn, it would've been a nice t-bone. he gave me 3000 and begged me not to call the cops and report insurance (which i did'nt want either but i saw that was the way i could get the cash outta him so i threatend i would), i spent 2500 to fix it due to the hood getinng push into my windsheild. damanging alot more than it would've. used 500 to buy my intake and dual halo headlights :-D

Maestro

Master Yourself
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that was a damn good deal, but what was that guys problem? if he had 3 grand to give you, why didn't he just pony up on the insurance?

SiKWiTiT

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that wasnt that bad me and my boy totaled his hatch like a week ago he was driving like a idiot doing a 100 on a entrance ramp went side ways for like a little bit then went straight into a guard rail at like at least 80 we hit a curb first witch sent us airborne into the guardrail we were fine but the car was wrecked we almost cleared the guardrail witch woulda been fine cause there was nothing but open grass on the other side I personally dont know wat he was think tryin to go that fast on a entrance ramp