Wrong plug on O2 sensor?

layn22s

Ok i just bought this car and the check engine light came on so i had it scanned and it showed it was the O2 sensor and the crank sensor. So get up underneath it and look and the crank sensor does not have the harness plugged into the top of it and the other end I found won't reach to the crank sensor so I guess it's missing a pigtail that plugs int to the one I found and goes to the top of the crank sensor. Ok and for the O2 sensor both the plug on the car and the plug on the O2 sensor are both the same. I checked at autozone and it shows the correct o2 sensor with the right plug Is in it, so why does the car have the same plug on it? Anyone else had this problem?

RonJ

Banned
Post clear pictures of the connectors.

What specific OBD2 codes are thrown?

joseanspot

i dont know to much about sensors but it all depends on the harness.. i had the same problem i had a civic hx sensor and a ex harness the plugs didnt match it was 5 vs 4 wires. Dont know if thats your problem but i hope u can get it wright.. good luck

layn22s

I have 2 male plugs, still dont know why..... No one know?

i dont know to much about sensors but it all depends on the harness.. i had the same problem i had a civic hx sensor and a ex harness the plugs didnt match it was 5 vs 4 wires. Dont know if thats your problem but i hope u can get it wright.. good luck