Not open for further replies.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looking for a set of good condition '96-'98 Civic coupe taillights.

Must not have any cracks or chips and must have harnesses. :thumbup:

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm..my bro might still have his sittin around off his 97 ex..ill have him look but what do you mean harnesses? cant you just plug in your current bulbs?

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i got mint ass condition ones

lmk if u want em i think i have em for like 50 or 45

=)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hmm..my bro might still have his sittin around off his 97 ex..ill have him look but what do you mean harnesses? cant you just plug in your current bulbs?
Harnesses would be the wiring harnesses which hold the bulbs. I want a complete set of taillights. If I choose to switch back and forth between lights, I don't want to swap harnesses to do it. Plus the turn signal bulbs are different.
watisjdm said:
i got mint ass condition ones

lmk if u want em i think i have em for like 50 or 45

=)
PMed.

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Harnesses would be the wiring harnesses which hold the bulbs. I want a complete set of taillights. If I choose to switch back and forth between lights, I don't want to swap harnesses to do it. Plus the turn signal bulbs are different.
what exactly is the difference in the harness. i keep hearing about it but i've never actually seen it, in pics or real life. why cant you just plug the 96-98 bulbs into the 99-00 taillights?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i have mint ones, but i dont have the harness, they are the same for the 96-98 to 99-00 though...oh well ill give you mine for like 30 bucks

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You CAN plug them right in. I have it like that but the bulb of 96-98 is clear, emitting a white light through the white turn signal area of the 99-00 housings. Physically it fits. Legally, the turning signals in the rear of any car must be red or amber, making mine illegal. I haven't been bothered for it yet though because it's kinda off white so it could pass as ok.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yes, they do fit into the housing of the taillight. I want to use the stock '96-'98 harnesses with the stock bulbs.

I have passed up a number of lights that are missing harnesses already. So if yours are missing harness, sorry, but I don't want them.

Jas0n

What's up dogz!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Amy I got one set without harnesses just 20 + shipping and they are yours

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So all of these have no harnesses at all?

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey Amy, I'm lookin at a parts car Saturday. A 97 so I'll see if they'll let me take the harnesses. Any pointers on getting em out?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not really. They twist out of the lights and unplug from the car.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think I might have found a set for $60. Includes harnesses and they're said to be mint.

Another set I'd found was $40 shipped plus it was missing the outer harnesses ($14.70 apiece). So unless this set is going to have a lot of included shipping or some damage, then it sounds like this $60 set might be for me.

Can't wait to have my car all together and ready for pics.

I'm curious to post them and see what others think of the lip kit. I mean, I have little to compare to. The only other cars I've seen the lip on are all hatches besides one silver coupe.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have a set. I post some pictures up later. They have the harness. too

Status
Not open for further replies.