wtf happened?

McHensley12

this morning i was driving home from football practice. Suddenly the car shut everything off besides the aftermarket sterio, power steering and breaks, and the oil pressure and battery lights came on (as if it were in accessory). I pulled over, put it in park (its an automatic.. unfortunatly) and it started right back up like nothing happened and its been fine sense.. any ideas wtf happened?

Decipher

Registered VIP
Did you check the connection on your terminals? My old buick used to do that, the car would just die... it was just a loose terminal on the battery.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That or the body odor from foot ball practice was to much for your little civics heart and it fainted

McHensley12

well i just checked them, theyre both pretty solid but the red (i can't remember if its pos/neg.) has some corrosion on the side.

and lolzers with the BO. I had Two linemen in the back and a fellow skill player too... Damn linemen. still though, not as bad as the time I had four people, five pairs of skis, backpacks, ski boots and clothes. A total of +/- 1500Lbs of people and gear going 85 down the highway in the middle of februaruy... needless to say the car didn't like that much. The Alternator fried the ECU, headlights, almost the ac, almost the sterio, and a bunch of other things.. anyways, wayyyy of topic there. hahaha

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Take some baking soda, put it in a little disposible cup, add just enough water to make a paste out of it, and then take say an old toothbrush or small metal bristle brush and brush the paste on the terminals... it'll clean up nicely. Don't ask why it works cause I'm not to sure lol, an old mechanic friend of mine taught me that, and it works lol

emerican

Registered VIP
^ this
coke actually works too and they make the little wire brushes made to do this sell them at auto parts for a few bucks

RonJ

Banned
It doesn't sound like a complete loss of electrical power problem. You might want to test the coil and have an auto parts store test the ICM.