wtf is with honda windows?!?!

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You're in no way legally obligated to your girlfriend. Regardless, the silicone spray is the way to go. Like Billy (mugenkid) said, a simple search would have found your answer. Damn noobs.

XtremEK

5+ Year Member
Im having the same problem with my driver side window. When i put it down it does fine, its when i put it up is the problem. It always goes outside the seal, i have to hold the top of the window inwards all the way up to prevent it from going outside the seal and always smash my damn finger in the process ha.

matt2122

5+ Year Member
is this like a coupe only thing? even tho i've only had my sedan since may the only prob i've had was slow roll up action, lithium grease cured that. sedan FTMFW!!

XtremEK

5+ Year Member
I think so because i have a buddy that has a 99 si and a buddy with a 98 sedan. The si is doing same thing as mine and the sedan has never had a problem with windows going off track or coming out of the seal.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
typically its a coupe thing just because the windows and doors are longer than a sedan, thus more "unstable" in the track and tend to pop out. my friend's 99 LX sedan never had a problem either :roll:

matt2122

5+ Year Member
QUOTE=Billy.;2724477]typically its a coupe thing just because the windows and doors are longer than a sedan, thus more "unstable" in the track and tend to pop out. my friend's 99 LX sedan never had a problem either :roll:[/QUOTE]

:admin2:

bow down to the sedans

lilROOKZ

EJh8ONIT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
put a trash bag over the window and call it a day !
haa
my s**t did the same for awhile till i fixed it....have fun its a pain !

kuruptedkustoms

5+ Year Member
so i used that dupont spray s**t and its been a whole day and its worked great so far so i hope it works and if it does its like god in a can lol

TuckandRO_JA

5+ Year Member
thats for sure about honda windows cause my passenger side window comes off track everytime someone rolls the window down or the door closes hard. ima get me a tube of that lube though

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats for sure about honda windows cause my passenger side window comes off track everytime someone rolls the window down or the door closes hard. ima get me a tube of that lube though
sounds like you need to adjust the track too if closing the door hard will throw it off

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow easy fix if you'd search. you need to lube the tracks with silicone spray. comes in a rattle can at pepboys for like $4. reapply spray like once or twice a year and they'll never come back off the track. and no i don't mean take the door apart to lube the tracks, just spray it through the straw into the track thoroughly and run the window up and down

where exactly do i spray this? take the door panel off or what?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
in the rubber tracks that the window slides up and down through. when they get dried out the glass doesnt slide well and makes it jump off the track

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mine doesnt fall off but passenger window goes up/down slow as hell and it does sound like its rubbing

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm about to go rip the door panel off and get my window back on track. Ima try to grease it up too; I hope this works.

kuruptedkustoms

5+ Year Member
ok so last time i posted it was one day after i used that spray and now its been three and i havent had one problem with my windows and it even rained. that dupont teflon silicone pray is the best thing ever for windows and thank you for telling me about it!!!!!