wtf is wrong with my car???

CHiNkStEr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kilterman said:
i dont mean to interupt but can you tell everyone the story about how your CF hood flew up and hit the windsheild? sorry i gotta know why and how because i was thinking about getting one
going too fast down a hill (wasn't that steep), carbon fiber hood flew up, snapped hood hindges, smashed windshield. after this night, lights no longer worked.

CHiNkStEr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ccchondaccc said:
hey man dont sweat. you have a short somewhere for sure if you put a fuse in and it pops. first off take your cd player out and check the wirring and make sure nothings frayed or uncovered, s**t like this happened to my friend cause he likes to use electrical tape on decks when decks can get hot, use wire nuts. now you said it happened when your hood flew up (lol) sorry same thing happened to my friend. check the fuses up front in the engine bay, pretty sure they dont affect interior but its worth a shot. for the tail lights im not sure the only thing i can say is where ever you have lights out just look for shorts. is there any other after market electronic parts you have on there?
i checked the deck wires and i didnt see anything frayed or uncovered. i checked the engine bay but doesn't seem like any of those fuses are popped. i will double check the deck again.

civicdocious

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check the wires provably some are making the wrong contact or a relay that is not functioning right.

This is what happen to me one of the wires got lose and it was touching ground so my lights where turning off and then back. Know I having a problem with my alarm or some electrical problem because the only thing that is turning on is the fan and the SRS light.

good luck

CHiNkStEr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civicdocious said:
Check the wires provably some are making the wrong contact or a relay that is not functioning right.

This is what happen to me one of the wires got lose and it was touching ground so my lights where turning off and then back. Know I having a problem with my alarm or some electrical problem because the only thing that is turning on is the fan and the SRS light.

good luck
yea and my headlights sometimes turn on then turns off and sh*t. damn it. so much problems.

ccchondaccc

mmmmmm ta ta's
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my friend didnt have his hood latched all the way so the hood flew up and smashed the windshield and everything. ill give you a tip, if you have a aftermarket hood always install hood pins right away, there a sure way to keep the hood down its a double lock. if you get a cf hood be very very very carefull drilly the holes go slow take your time, or else it will crack. otherwise let a shop do it its cheap!!!!! :lol:

ccchondaccc

mmmmmm ta ta's
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys lol now i have a electrical problem my self. My front driverside side high beam does not work and its not the bulb i tried 4 diff ones, dont know whats wrong but ohh well, and another thing is now my heat cluster doesnt light up, i have a replacement i got for free but im having trouble getting the damn thing out, anyone got any tips? let me know please. damn honda electrical system there a b***h to work on. :cry:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
CHiNkStEr: check the deck again because the same thing happened to my friend one night while we were out and i had to follow him to make sure he got home without getttin pulled over. somehow some wires were touching and kept blowing fuses.
ccchondaccc: there was a thread on here somewhere on how to change the color of the bulb for that and it had instructions and pix on how to do it

CHiNkStEr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
still have the same problem but came up on another one too last night. i was driving and i smelt some wire burning or melting? it came from the driver side somewhere i think. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Go To A f**king Mechanic Before You Melt Your Car Down You Freakin Idioooooooooooot

HomeGrown

Listen to Static Lullaby
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
take it to the place where you got your stereo put in have them look for it

ccchondaccc

mmmmmm ta ta's
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**k mechanics they dont know s**t they just het out the old manual and follow that i know more about my car than any mechanic,

michigan_soler

King of Mid-west
5+ Year Member
sorry for bringing up an old post but i just throw a deck in my car and now no cluster, climate, or tails... did anyone find a TRUE answer to this problem?

Inigo Montoya