wtf!?!!? no reverse?...

mrjoseaq

5+ Year Member
can somebody please point me in the right direction? i was drivin in 3rd gear at about 20mph trying to find a parking. i then switched it to R and it wouldn't back up. my rpm's just went up but the car remained the same as if it were in Neutral. can somebody please explain???

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
were you moving while you tried putting it in reverse?

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
after you pulled it out of third...did you bring it back over where first was then try reverse? anyone here...go out and try to sift through the rack while not moving....then try to go to reverse while in 3rd or 4th or 5th. it wont go until you clear the rack...

mrjoseaq

5+ Year Member
f*ck!! still no R_everse??...

yo snake-s**t! yes i was moving while attempting to shift and when i noticed that it didn't want to back up i pressed on the brake and set it to D, then while still pressing on the brake i set it to R again. and it still wouldn't budge. so i then set it on P and turned off the car, restarted it, set it in R and it still wouldn't budge. got any more ideas to send my way??... or any body else who is knowledgeable... any help is greatly appreciated.

rtr5o7

Bitty
5+ Year Member
wait, he's driving an auto. prolly means third gear as in D3 or somethin.

some advice, dont shift into reverse while moving forward, come to a complete stop to avoid most problems(in your case you might have encountered one), but i used to reverse going 20mph and drop my old 93 accord into drive and never had a tranny prob lol

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Time for another great Honda automatic tranny. Replace it, don't repair it!

Liquidice944

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I dont understand how its the trannys fault when you throw it in reverse when you driving forward? Thats like stopping quick and throwing it park when driving and jerking the car. Auto trannys are fine. There is no need to downgrade and get a cheaper tranny, a manual. Pon i dont even know how you do without power anything in that beast Dx.
Have a good day

jdmjdm

5+ Year Member
can somebody please point me in the right direction? i was drivin in 3rd gear at about 20mph trying to find a parking. i then switched it to R and it wouldn't back up. my rpm's just went up but the car remained the same as if it were in Neutral. can somebody please explain???
try to bleed the clutch, it may be a bad slave cylinder...

would it go into any other gear?

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont understand how its the trannys fault when you throw it in reverse when you driving forward? Thats like stopping quick and throwing it park when driving and jerking the car. Auto trannys are fine. There is no need to downgrade and get a cheaper tranny, a manual. Pon i dont even know how you do without power anything in that beast Dx.
Have a good day
Our autoytannys are s**t! I think reverse was gone before he tried to reverse at 20 or 30 mph.(otherwise it would have locked up,even for a second)

I have never owned a car with power windows:cry:, but I do miss the power locks.

try to bleed the clutch, it may be a bad slave cylinder...

would it go into any other gear?
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

(read before posting)

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Our autoytannys are s**t! I think reverse was gone before he tried to reverse at 20 or 30 mph.(otherwise it would have locked up,even for a second)

naw, throwing it in reverse at those speeds will kill the transmission. he killed it, and if he continues that practice then he will get to know his local transmission repair shop quite well.

and it's actually harder on the tranny to throw it into reverse while moving forward than it is to put it in drive while you're moving in reverse.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic auto's are actually pretty good if you dont abuse them

unlike 94 - 02 accords :cussing:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
civic auto's are actually pretty good if you dont abuse them

unlike 94 - 02 accords :cussing:
you mean 90-02 accords

i had to replace the transmission in my old 91 and then had to rebuild the new transmission 6 months later

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

I have never owned a car with power windows:cry:, but I do miss the power locks.

(read before posting)
the power windows are really nice man... really nice :cool:

mrjoseaq

5+ Year Member
yo pon55, $lick Rick, t85 konrad !! thank u 4 tha heads up!! hey pon.. why should i replace it rather than repair the trans.? can n e 1 help me? i am now looking 4 a new trans. don't know whether to go new or used, auto or standard? my trans. that just f*cken died on me "was" an auto. can some1 please help?? oh, i'm also looking to get my money's worth, but i don't have a whole lot to spend, well not much at all...help??...

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why replace than repair? um it;d be cheaper to just replace it than tear it apart and put it back together. plus you might find out you;ve broken other things once u open it up, overall its not worth it

ClutchEm2

5+ Year Member
Check the blinker fluid and wiggle the stick left to right maybe it'll engage the R in your f'in slushbox.

jdmjdm

5+ Year Member
i did read the post and nothing in the one i read says it was an auto...

i quoted it in my reply....

(read before posting)[/QUOTE]

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
after you pulled it out of third...did you bring it back over where first was then try reverse? anyone here...go out and try to sift through the rack while not moving....then try to go to reverse while in 3rd or 4th or 5th. it wont go until you clear the rack...
in my integra it only wont let me go to revese from 5th .... everything else is good.