WTF power loss at low RPM's...

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i had this problem be4 i thought it was the fuel pump, i changed that and it was the main Relay, now for some reason the car gets a loss of power at low RPM as soon as i get it to around 3500+ in most gears it gains alot of power. can it be the main Relay, Dizzy, or something with the car itself.. i know the car had the same problem with the kid that owned it be4 me, he kept his motor so i know it wasnt that and i changed the motor acouple times so far, for the past month or 2 the problem hasnt been there but just today it came back... please help becuz my motors not gettin it full potential, BTW tomorrow im changin the plugs,dizzy,wires, and oil even tho there less then 2000miles on it,

almost forgot i searched everywere and all i found was a bad coil, but so far i had 2 diff ones in so im not all that sure..

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bump, just becuz i was able to spin 2nd and 3rd and chrip 4th :( it sucked becuz 2day i couldnt even hit 2nd gear it just felt like it droped idle..

im also gettin a CEL ive had it with every ECU i used how can i check them.. i know where the clips are but it dont help i still dont know what to do witht hem...

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anekin007 said:
first thing u have to do is fine out what codes they are throwing.. that might help figure out the problem.. post up the codes your throwing.. heres a how-to
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=53096&highlight=check+engine+light+code
with one ECU im gettin code 1( 1 - Oxygen Sensor "A" (Primary) ) and with another im gettin (41 - Primary Oxygen Sensor - Heater ) i dont have a 02 hooked up but i never had this problem be4, i think i gotta clogged cat becuz my cars letting some fumes out the exhaust that smell like rotten egges everyonce in awhile and it burns the s**t outs my eyes while im driving...

with my other motor it did this for a long time i think thats why i mess that one up but with this motor i mean it has power for a stock b16 it moved in my other car and everyonce in awhile in this car it will gain alot of power and loose it.. its kinda bad becuz last night i lost 2 a stock single cam EJ but we did another run and i took him i felt like it gained power, so i raced a hatch just like mine they said it was built but if it was built it was a very sadd motor becuz my car was running like s**t and it wasnt hard to tell and he had me by less then a fender..

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
PFEVER said:
Check Fuel Filter

Fuel filter and Walbro fuel pump was installed withen a month or 2

EDIT: i almost forgot, i had some dumb f**k that thought my ABS was MSD, and my windowwasher Hoses were N.O.S... funny s**t and my car still ran like s**t...