WTF Short Shifter

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok i was just on www.corsportusa.com ( our gracious site sponsor ) and noticed that a short shifter kit has bee released for the 06 si by comptech. The thing that gets me is that the kit looks like this

I was like WTF, I have never bought or installed a short shifter but have done lots of browsing and from my experience they are supposed to look like this
(em1)

or even a little fuct up but still recognizable like this
(ep3)

so what up why does it look like a fitting and a chunk of aluminum

DuH-ReL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
[shrugs] Looks like buyers are getting screwed (no pun intended).

yl06si

5+ Year Member
im not sure but its probably because the si already has a short shifter in it so they dont the whole setup just and extra part to make it better or shorter throw but idk that dose look weired

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am thinking it is just a shorter connector down on the bottom to shorten the s**t overall

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You dont like the shifting on the si king bob? My lx shifts nice short shifters are probably not needed for the civics the shifting is pretty sporty I like it.

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, My LX shifts pretty quick and smoothly, I personally don't think a short shifter is necessary at all on the 8th gens.

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I might get one, its only $75 and most people wouldnt notice it. It not that I think that there is a proplem with the throw distance but shorter would be better

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I thought this was a fs topic and I thought it was a typo... I was like? Want to f**k? lol. I'm sorry... me dumb

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
I thought this was a fs topic and I thought it was a typo... I was like? Want to f**k? lol. I'm sorry... me dumb
you want to f**k a short shifter :shock:

:lol:

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yep, it probably just shortens the throw.. it doesnt always just have to be a shorter shifter period..

TheCrazy1

i-VTEC addict
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's pretty cool. I guess if I ever wanted to switch things up I'd probably put one in mine...

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bomp on this thread, I would like an answer from some one in the know, I am seriously considering getting one of these soon.

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
King Bob said:
bomp on this thread, I would like an answer from some one in the know, I am seriously considering getting one of these soon.
The manufacturerof the actual part might know what they are talking about but its only a guess on my part.

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jcmrules said:
The manufacturerof the actual part might know what they are talking about but its only a guess on my part.

Well I am about to know whats up too because I ordered one lastnight. :P

CoryB

5+ Year Member
It lengthens the lever below the pivot point making it mechanically a shorter throw. It doesn't change the length of the upper part of the lever that you shift with.

Actually it's a pretty common short-shifter design for other car makes.

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cool I am sureI will like it, because I like the stock look and feel. I will post before and after pics when I am done