Xbox 360 Headset

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
alright guys i have a question for you gamers here my girlfriend younger brother recently bought a xbox 360
everything is fine for a few months until recently he had a problem with his headset. when he plug his headset on the controller people can't hear him but he said that when he talks the "talk icon" show up in the screen he bought another headset and it's still the same problem people can't hear him talking i think he said that he can hear people talking but he can't interact with them any ideas what's causing this. looking forward hearing from you guys here:cool:

Big_Mull_Style

none shall pass
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nevermind

Last edited:

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no i'm pretty sure it's on when his wearing the headset

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Has he tried using the headset on different controllers? Possibly the controller is screwed and not the headset?

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
could be something like a port that needs to be opened on a router. It's always something stupid like that.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Has he tried using the headset on different controllers? Possibly the controller is screwed and not the headset?
yeah he used my controller but it didn't work also i tried using it in my xbox and still didn't work:(

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
could be something like a port that needs to be opened on a router. It's always something stupid like that.
That's not it.

Sounds like he needs a new headset. They're like twenty bucks. You can get nice surround sound headphones with a mic for about one hundred.

edit: It could also be his settings under the guide button, he may have it muted that way... or it could be the controller, tell him to try a different controller.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
edit: It could also be his settings under the guide button, he may have it muted that way... or it could be the controller, tell him to try a different controller.
id try that

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just the wiring in these s**t boxes of headsets. the earpiece always breaks. 20 bucks problem solved.

younggun16

Registered b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a wireless headset for an Xbox 360 that works perfect. Ill sell it to you for $30.00

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DirtyD took the words right out of my mouth

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's not it.

Sounds like he needs a new headset. They're like twenty bucks. You can get nice surround sound headphones with a mic for about one hundred.

he did buy a new headset and still not working and where is this setting under the guide button?

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Make sure he's not plugging the headset in while the controller and console are on. Sometimes, that will cause the headset not to work. Tell him to plug it into the controller while it is off, then turn it on.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Make sure he's not plugging the headset in while the controller and console are on. Sometimes, that will cause the headset not to work. Tell him to plug it into the controller while it is off, then turn it on.
will try this one hope it works

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You need to push the middle 'x' button on your controller than you go to settings I think, just look through the settings and you'll eventually find it.

edit:

Go to personal settings and the options will be there.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You need to push the middle 'x' button on your controller than you go to settings I think, just look through the settings and you'll eventually find it.

edit:

Go to personal settings and the options will be there.
hey thanks for the help i went to my girlfriend house and check her brother xbox low and behold it was on mute the whole time i didn't try it out online yet so hopefully that's the fix right there THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS THIS WEBSITE IS AWESOME:twisted: