XM/Sirius radio...

Does your satellite radio antenna work inside your car?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fgraciano1980

keepin' it clean!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just wanted to know how many people with XM or Sirius have been able to put the antenna inside the car with no problems...I gave it a shot with my XM antenna and put it on my dashboard, works perfectly fine. I dont know why they dont recommend it...

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had sirius but i never tried it from the inside.. i think it should work.. the only time it would not work for me if i pass under a big thick solid bridge.. i drove through the sf tall buildings and it didnt effect reception at all.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmm. Good suggestion. I'm getting my Sirius tuner and antenna installed next weekend (I think). I'll ask my cousin about that. But I'm sure installing it inside effects it a little.

i had sirius but i never tried it from the inside.. i think it should work.. the only time it would not work for me if i pass under a big thick solid bridge.. i drove through the sf tall buildings and it didnt effect reception at all.

red_ex_coupe

5+ Year Member
they dont suggest it cuz the signal (depending on the position of the car) can get caught under yur roof or various other things to block a signal. my pops got XM installed on his armanda and they have had to relocate it 3 times and told him the factory roof rack is blocking the signal. personally, i NEVER use my XM unless my CDs r in my girls car cuz shes a douche and doesnt buy CDs, she steals mine

alexxx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the antennas are pretty shitty basically.. we definaltey reccomend its on the outside of the car it saves me the headach..The best thing to do would be to pick up a better antenna and you might have more luck getting reception on the dash or something.. btw i'm tech support for sirius

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alexxx said:
the antennas are pretty shitty basically.. we definaltey reccomend its on the outside of the car it saves me the headach..The best thing to do would be to pick up a better antenna and you might have more luck getting reception on the dash or something.. btw i'm tech support for sirius
Sweet, so when CC members who have sirius have questions we can PM you? :thumbs up:

celwin

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have XM in both my car and home. I went with XM becuase I prefered their station listings and they were cheaper. I just got a letter last week informing me the monthly fee is being raised from 9.95 to 12.95. So much for being cheaper. In the car I have the XM antenae mounted inside the car beneath a plasitc piece in the trunk. Absolutely no issues with reception. It's clean and stealthy. I did not want the antenae on the roof, for asthetics reasons. This is in a 350Z not the civic

alexxx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah thats the bummer with xm.. xm is pretty decent i dont have any complaints with them. The price difference basically works out to being no price difference.. with that 9.95 you had to pay for additional stations and packages