First page is always updated!

UPDATE

DECEMBER 17, 2009
Car went 12.4 @ 110

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTCL1CsOGq4

Just found this... http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=131744
old build video..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bkVh8EymkM

Well after saving for about a year, I can finally start/finish this never ending build. Everytime i would save up money something would happen or a bill would come. Im only taking one class this semester so school work shouldnt really get in the way. My original plan was to turbo a 95 4door that i picked up but then i thought about it and decided to DD the 4door. I learned from my last build that I cant have a highly moddified daily driver. I always had to worry about how I was getting to work the next day because something would go wrong. My goal is to get kicked off the track with a turbod16 for no cage lol. I believe its 11.5. I chose the D series because its more of a challenge and its cheaper then all the other swaps. Plus i get to tell people i ran 11's with a SOHC 1.6L and I will be running a ching chong ebay turbo.

This could turn into a slow build depending on how lazy I am but ive been wanting to get this done so i can drive it. The boost bug doesnt go away. Im also recording a video so i might not take pictures of somethings.

BTW My grammar and writing skills are horrible so dont flame.

The motor is a D16Y7. I picked up a set of H beams and vitaras brand new for $400 shipped. I had to notch the s**t out of the girdle. Eagles rod bolts are no joke. Im on a budget so I decided not to send the block to a machine shop unless theres something I needed done. I would rather learn than pay. Build > Bought/paid for. I picked up a micrometer set off ebay for $50 seomthing shipped. I also bought a $20 telescope set from harbor frieght. After checking the block/crank over, everything was in spec. The only questionable part was the high p2w clearance. I think it was like .006. My old setup was high too so it doesnt really bother me. Heres a couple pics of the motor assembled. Im still wanting on my action 2ms. It should be here on monday.

OIL FLOW FTW! Not doing this killed my last motor. I also enlarged my main bearing holes which will be shown in the video

This part scares me a little but I think it will be fine.

My girlfriend did this while i wasnt looking lol

my s**t pile.

crower cam, springs, valves, retainers on a y8 head w/under 2k bought for $340 shipped

This is my baby. i havent driven her in 2 months. :(

2/23/09 update! clutch came in.

This is what happends after you leave a flywheel sitting in your garage for a year.

f**k resurfacing. Were on a budget here. sandpaper = win lol
2/24/09

I dropped the oil pan down because I need to reuse it. This is the result of changing your oil every 10k+ and playing in the high rpms everyday. As you can tell I never gave a f**k about this motor. lol

If you look close, you can see theres a little river lol

2/26/09

BATH TIME!

Truck > Honda lol
This is the reason why I drive a POS. Stupid kid comes flying into a parking lot while im leaving. I couldnt see him because this truck was blocking half the street. As soon as I made the right coming out I saw him, dove to the right and scuffed up the car. No big deal tho. Im just pissed that I didnt hit him. lol the cars getting repainted in a couple months so im going to pick up some spray paint and give it the ricer touch.:D

2/26/09 part 2

2.99 duplicolor > moroso.

My usdm high compression bud light pistons.

2/27/09

Type R red wagon is back again! (i spraypainted the wheels to make it look more jdm

The most expensive part of my build. Action 2ms

I painted the intake manifold black too.
before..

after...

2/28/09
today sucked. I got 3 things that I ordered today, I got my T bolt clamps, my coupler things for my intercooler and a gasket. The T bolt clamps were tooo big, the couplers were the wrong size and my headstuds are for a d16z instead of d16y.

Theyre also tooo big. I picked up a new set for 85 shipped so its not that bad. I also had to reorder all the s**t i bought that was the wrong size.
I then moved on to gettting the transmission on. It was almost perfect until i noticed i had 2 dowels in the same hole. It took me about a half hour to get one out. Got that done and moved onto my fuel rail. The new intake mani has has 3 holes for the fuel rail while the oe has 2. The holes down like up so i drilled new ones. I got the middle one perfect but the 2 side ones were about 3mm off. After i got it lined up, I gave up and saved my bad luck for another day lol This is all i got done.
Then i made myself some dinner

3/2/009

And my super dumb idea..

CONTINUED IN 4TH POST. SCROLL DOWN!

leftywill3

I AM TAMARACK!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey man this thread is gonna be sick definitely subscribed
hope you hit your target man that would make me happy to see you hit in the 11's

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oo nice. Glad its this project is back and kicking.

subscribed.

franklin-hid

your moms boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nicee
finally a build thread from you.lol

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ yeah im lazy lol

bump check oil the oil pan pics. change your oil!

3/5/09
Electrical fun!

Sanding the valve cover

The axles gave me a problem. I think it was a combination of the obx lsd and those f**king c clips.

3//7/09

Painted the valve cover. I was low on paint to i got creative. Installed headstuds. Clocked turbo.

3/8/09
I love the way the intercooler looks with the fogs and all. still waiting on turbo drain and a couple other things. I need to put money in the bank for my downpipe. Ive been lazy.

3/11/09
Got the muffler on along with my blox adj endlinks. These things were a nightmare. This combined with the wind pissed me off so i gave up early. I didnt take any pics because i just wanted to be finished.
Heres one of the huge muffler. Cops are going to love me. lol

3/12/09
My rice boy gauges are all hooked up. I plan on getting a wideband soon but im going to put it down by the shifter. I like having the narrowband up by the window so i can watch my lightshow. O yeah im getting tuned by Xenocron. Ive heard nothing but great things about theses guys and from what ive seen myself their customer service is excellent.

leftywill3

I AM TAMARACK!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ yeah im lazy lol

bump check oil the oil pan pics. change your oil!
omg im changing my oil by the end of the week haha
I play in the high rpms almost everytime I drive haha
and its been about 3200 miles since an oil change so I need to get that done

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bout time. Hopefully Ill see this at some meets this summer! :thumbs up

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wait, so, let me get this straight. You "resurfaced" a flywheel with.... sandpaper? :???:

You could go to a Transmission shop and get it done for like 30 bucks if you know a guy who works weekends there.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wait, so, let me get this straight. You "resurfaced" a flywheel with.... sandpaper? :???:

You could go to a Transmission shop and get it done for like 30 bucks if you know a guy who works weekends there.
Or i can just do it myself with sandpaper lol. It was just surface rust. Its like the rust that ends up on brake rotors after the car has been sitting for a while. Press the brakes a couple times and its gone.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This isn't the same as brakes, but whatever, it's your money, hope it lasts longer than I think it will otherwise it was a waste of time and you just cost yourself a few hundred.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This isn't the same as brakes, but whatever, it's your money, hope it lasts longer than I think it will otherwise it was a waste of time and you just cost yourself a few hundred.
lol really? What are brake pads made of? What are clutc discs made of? Ceramic! Brakes use clamping force, Clutches use clamping force. Whats the difference?

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol really? What are brake pads made of? What are clutc discs made of? Ceramic! Brakes use clamping force, Clutches use clamping force. Whats the difference?
If you sanded one spot more than others, you will develop hot spots.

Also, these are completely difference clamping forces your speaking of. Brakes use hydraulic force and push pistons with in turn push the pads into the rotors, clutches use centrifugal force.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^I dout it. Id have to do alot of sanding to actually make the flywheel uneven. Plus theres groves in the 6 puck pad to help get rid of heat. All I did was sand off the rust. Once the break in period is over itll hold no problem.

bump for updates. I might do more if I feel like moving

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This is the first time seeing your thread. A lot of work ahead of you, and I'll def be watchin. Keep it up:thumbup: