Y\single cam vtec hangin with B18's?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
depends on if the engines are stock or not and what mods they have done to them...but i'd say the b18 would pull ahead without a doubt...

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You prolly wont be able to keep up. Your gonna need to either boost, or do alot of interal work to the motor.

littlewhitecivi

5+ Year Member
doesn't matter...even the B18A will still pull ahead...the db/dc chassis isn't that much heavier that the ek/ej...plus b18 rev higher so powerband is much broader than the D16...

your mods are good for only...4-6 hp to be reasonable...so don't think you can oust much...except civics of your range...

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
to translate this thread:

"which will be faster, a blind 3 legged hamster on oxycottin, or a gixxer 1000 with nitro"

heh heh

senatE

Titanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got b18b1 and it pulls on my friends y8 but he has a lot of stuff on his car. no turbo those. and he can keep up (not) lol naa it pulls like hell.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
doesn't matter...even the B18A will still pull ahead...the db/dc chassis isn't that much heavier that the ek/ej...plus b18 rev higher so powerband is much broader than the D16...

your mods are good for only...4-6 hp to be reasonable...so don't think you can oust much...except civics of your range...
I raced a friend of mine with my old, burning oil d16z6 with i/h/e against his good running b18a in a 2nd gen teg and pulled him good up top. it was just for fun, my motor was definetely worn, BAD. My car is a 93 civic SI(heavy)

97ek4coupe

Stock & Slow
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
turbo or s/c d16 will keep up, or maybe on spray, but otherwise, I'd definately say no.
Though, I can keep up with my friend's GSR from a red light, only because he has some slight traction issues. I was chasing him from a red light and kept up until the top of 2nd gear.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Unless the d series is boosted or spraying you won't win, unless of course the guy driving the b18 is like 85 and can't see over the wheel. N/A mods are useless on a d series IMO, boosted though they kick a lot of ass.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Unless the d series is boosted or spraying you won't win, unless of course the guy driving the b18 is like 85 and can't see over the wheel. N/A mods are useless on a d series IMO, boosted though they kick a lot of ass.
..im guessing you havent seen the N/A d series with more whp than a gsr in the f/s section..

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Only way the see the D winning off boost is a moderate build. Agressive cam, new springs and retainers and possibly even the bottom end redone.

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey sundown. i cant look at it because i dont have a membership there. but i believe you anyway. it is possible. thanks anyway.

Zach-R

SOHC powa!!!
5+ Year Member
well i dunno bout you guys but i had a 93 cx hb with a sohc zc with jdm trans. had a short ram intake and intrax springs thats it! my best kill was a ls swapped crx... hell i even kept up with a friends fox body stang with a 302(not even a full car length). it was incredible i bought the swap for $450 lol.