y7 to y8 IM -- air intake?

dryeager

5+ Year Member
Will a stock y8 air intake fit in the engine bay? Why -- because I want to maintain the stock look in the bay as well as the noise reduction from the intake. Thanks in advance!

Bro'sslowdx

It's mine now...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so im guessing you did or plan on doing the mini-me swap? or why would u want a y8 intake rather than y7?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im assuming you swapped out your old y7 intake manifold with a y8. if you get a y8 intake resonator/filter box im pretty sure it should fit. the cx/ex chassis/engine bay specs are very similar.

dryeager

5+ Year Member
I do have the y8 mani sitting in my garage itching to be installed but I dont have an intake yet and was thinking I could pick up a stock one fairly cheap.

I assume most people go with an aftermarket intake -- right?

Bro'sslowdx

It's mine now...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah most people ive seen go with aftermarket since theyre not that much more expensive than what you will pay for stock. But do you plan on doing a y8 head too or are you just swapping out intake manifolds?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea most people usually go aftermarket once they do a y8 mani swap. thats what i did. im sure you could pick up a used y8 intake setup for cheap to go with that manifold. if it doesnt fit 100%, then im sure it could be easily modified to fit.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if you have a y8 head/IM the y8 intake will bolt up fine. and quite frankly stock intake > aftermarket

just get a good filter like AEM, K&N, Green etc

dryeager

5+ Year Member
That's my plan then! Just hated to buy something that wasnt going to work. Thanks!

Zaiber

5+ Year Member
Just so you know, it will fit. My car has a y7 with the y8 intake manifold on no probs. I had to saw off a piece of the y7 modded intake to make my own, and it ended up right behind the radiator fan.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think there might be a write up or two on here or on HT.