y8 the way

civic my love

5+ Year Member
hi there family! got a interested in putting on hooking up my car with a d16y8 intake manifold but my question is can i just hook up the d16y8 on to my d16y7 head non vtec or would in have to get an ecu also. I know that you would have to do a 3 wire to 2 wire convertion for the iacv, keep in mind i want to use the d16y8 tb also would this work with the d16y7 stock ecu or the 99 civic ecu thank.........

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
affirmative...no ecu needs to be changed....the wire conv yes.....you've answered all your own ?'s

civic my love

5+ Year Member
thanks for the reply.... got the y8 intake manifold hook on and the 3 wire to 2 wire conversion but check light came on..... i did the cel check and came out with aicv problem? (a14 to a12 a13 out) what else can it be?

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think you need a automatic y8 manifold to make everything work right, because of some vaccum lines...not sure tho...

civic my love

5+ Year Member
can it be that the aicv valve on the y8 mani be bad how do you check if its good or no good? and how do you set the idle.....thanks

civic my love

5+ Year Member
i know that to avoid all the wiring on the d16y8 mani conversion you can simply just put d16y7 tb back but i kind the wana use the y8 aicv and just do the 3 wire to 2 wire conversion. now will my check engine come on or i would have to use a diffrent ecu.... thanks guys or girls.........?

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
intake mani swap alone is fine. you don't have to worry about the ecu unless you're doing a head swap.

civic my love

5+ Year Member
ok this is my second attempt at this y8 intake manifold conversion thing. I thought it was just a bad aicv so i replace that but the check light just wont go away. I also did the 3 wire to 2 wire conversion which is a 14 to a12 and a13 out what else do i have to do to get the check engine light out.... thanks

Civicboy10

5+ Year Member
let me know when this all works out, I wouldn't mind looking into this swap myself...would make a strut bar actually fit under the hood.

civic my love

5+ Year Member
I did the cell check and came out with code 14 which is the aicv. Im wondering if the 3 wire to 2 wire conversion is the only thing i have to do or is there something else Im missing thanks....