Yay Or Nay?

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
i say nay those s**t sleeves will blow ur shocks in like 2 weeks and everything else looks like garbage. save for legit parts trust me im paying for cheaping out as we speak.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah I'd never go ebay brands for anything that adds onto any function of the car that wasn't solely cosmetic. Unless of course its an actual used named brand auction

sixwhip14

5+ Year Member
All that for 200 is highly suspect. I saw those and laughed honestly. If you're looking to save money, get Yonaka lca and coilovers at the very least. Maybe ground controls if you want sleeve coilovers.

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
Well this is what I figured. I was thinking for now rock this set up and as I get more money replace the parts with better ones. Cause I mean I don't want a s**t ride but I'm sick of 4x4 and I'm kinda anxious to be scraping.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do it right the first time, or don't do it at all...

Your idea = WASTE of YOUR money...

So do what you want BUT bare in mind, it will ride like s**t, look like s**t, possibly sound like s**t, break s**t, hmmm sounds pretty Shitty if you ask me...

Do it right the FIRST time.....................

GL

97auto4

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i say no, becuase you will not like the ride quality and all.. ebay suspension will make you pull ur hair out.. my friend rode on it and he messed up.. i would rather throw another 300-400 on other brand. look into the progress technology =)

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hell no your trusting your life and the lives of people around you with ebay products bucause you want to be lower ?? you need to listen to the people on here.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
When everyone says no and backs it up with pretty good reasons; that generally means you probably shouldn't do it. This isn't color/wheel advice you can't just see what other people like and don't like. You need to look at specs and what each piece does. If you know that good lowering springs cost about $250+ and you found an ebay kit with springs plus a hundred other nifty-colored little suspension items for $200....generally those red flags couldn't hit you in the face any harder.

Also, why pay $200 just to replace it later for something else? I mean s**t I know you aren't a rocket scientist or anything crazy but I don't understand how you don't see how bad that idea is...and how much of a waste it is too.

But if you disregard all of our advice and decide to be ignorant and do it anyways...good luck and I really hope you don't injure yourself or any others on the road.

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
If Function7 sells their high quality lower control arms for $240. Lots of Research and development. Also lifetime warranty.

What do you think front AND rear LCAs, Camber kits, and coilover sleeves that sell for $200 are made of? No warranty? No Research and development?

That's scary.

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
Haha I'm just really impatient, I been waiting since August to lower it. But I will take your advice with this s**t. I just want a cheaper reliable brand suspension s**t to lower the front 2.5 and the back 2 inches. Any suggestion besides the Progression ones?

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Haha I'm just really impatient, I been waiting since August to lower it. But I will take your advice with this s**t. I just want a cheaper reliable brand suspension s**t to lower the front 2.5 and the back 2 inches. Any suggestion besides the Progression ones?
There really isn't anything else that's cheaper than the Progress coilovers that provides good all around quality. Unfortunately you want to drop your car quite a bit so you price range will have to be even higher than that...

What's the rush to drop your car? Your car will still look all cool or w/e when lowered in a couple months or so. If I were you, I'd look to raise your budget to atleast $600. That's just for coilovers. All that other stuff that's listed in the eBay add is a waste of money unless you want shiny crap all over your car.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The stuff looks like its going to fall apart...in the picture. I would def save up a little more and get something worth while. Check out the sponsor place as there will be some deals on quality parts.

civic49

dont cheap out because down the road ull it will cost you more..just spend the extra money and get a good setup...u dont want to cheap out on suspension

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
if you want to slam your car and not have to buy new coilovers in a few months you should do it right the first time.

H&R race + some compatible damper, or Koni/GC with extended top hats for at least the front.

How low are you looking at going?

If you haven't daily driven a dumped car before, believe me you're going to hate it.

My car isn't very low and I'm already thinking about bringing the 0 finger gap in the front to a solid 1 finger gap/.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah that stuff is junk, I wouldn't mess with it.

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
skunk2's and tokico blue's decent and not too expensive
Tokico blues are nothing more than a replacement shock.

Skunk2's have unusually high spring rates and will blow out those tokicos in no time.

I hate when people recommend tokico blues >.<

It's a STOCK REPLACEMENT SHOCK

The cheapest setup that's really viable is Koni Srt + choice of spring/coilover sleeve.

The koni can actually handle high spring rates and can dampen appropriately. And it has a lifetime warranty.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
everyone doesnt like skunk2, but i love them