Year of production

Jipstar

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The year of production for the EG civic (5th Generation) began from late september 1991 to 1995. Right?
So how would you know when you specific car was produced?

Jipstar

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and mine is an eg4 automatic. Now there were 3 types of automatic Eg4 which were the MX, ETI and VTI.
Can ANYONE tell me any indicators to identify BOTH YEAR AND SPECIFIC MODEL. I can't find it anywhere!!!
+ did all 5th generations (starting from 1991 onwards) have both fuel injection + catalytic converters?

Thanks guys. This post will be useful for many others!!!!

cm108kph

5+ Year Member
Jipstar said:
So how would you know when you specific car was produced?
There should be a sticker on your door frame that says the month and year. You can probably tell what trim level your car is from your VIN somehow.

All USDM 5g Civics were FI. Some JDM ones weren't. Considering the emissions regualtions in Japan and the US, I'm guessing that they all came with a cat.

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea worst comes the worst look up the vin # like cm108kph said

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm not sure, but his car might not have a VIN since it's in Malta.

Anyway, look on the bottom of the windshield of your car (if you do have a VIN) and it should be stamped on a little plate there.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I'm not sure, but his car might not have a VIN since it's in Malta.

Anyway, look on the bottom of the windshield of your car (if you do have a VIN) and it should be stamped on a little plate there.
even if it dioesn't have a VIN, it should still have the info plate, stating the date of production, and gross vehicle weigth, location of production, and other info.