Yellow Paint on engine

musezik

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I need to know how to get rid of the yellow paint without rusting the engine and all the other stuff
Heres are sum engine pics i took. srry for the big pics

civic96hb

USAF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im not sure, but idk if there is anything you can do to get it off. Maybe some, but not all

oneThree

dcshoeco
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
to do it right. strip the engine down to the block. send it to a machine shop, have then bead blast and cook it. they come out brand new!

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well... since its aluminum, it wont rust.

musezik

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if i strip everything off the engine. how much do you think they will charge to do all that and put it back together.

Inertial

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh dear god im sorry to see that happen in 1st place. i wondr who thought of painting the block yellow.. so badly?

Yea i'd suggest stripping what u can, and getting it sent to a machine shop to be 'fixed'

drekoe

5+ Year Member
i'm guessing you didn't pait it. but i mean do you really think everyone on the road is gonna see your yellow block and yellow head? you might as well spend the extra money on something else for right now other than taking it apart and painting it . (because from the looks of it, you will have someone do it for you.)

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
any mexican will tell you........

"just paint over it" :what:

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice^^^

but seriously, i'd just take it apart and use aircraft stripper, but like that one guys said, don't get it on ur plastic pieces.

look at it as a way to learn to how to properly disassemble and reassemble ur engine.

just my .02