Yes, an exhaust question

matt2122

5+ Year Member
I know this is probably the 789,243 post about an exhaust, but i have exhausted (n0 pun intended) the search button. i have a 99 civic lx SEDAN and i wan't no other exhaust other than the WS2. i know i can get a ex header, and bolt on cat and then use the ex cpupe system but i dont really require any performance gain at the time so i dont want to do the header/cat ex setup. so, can i use the DX coupe system? or am i limted to only using ex systems with the conversion?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you get the ex one, you'll have to get an EX header / cat.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If the dx is the same as the lx system, then yeah.. if you know how to weld you could easily do it too lol

matt2122

5+ Year Member
If the dx is the same as the lx system, then yeah.. if you know how to weld you could easily do it too lol
well the system is listed as only fitting the DX coupe, the DX has that stupid cat integrated into the manifold just like the LX, i just dont know if the the legnth would match the sedan

matt2122

5+ Year Member
so it looks like i can get a shitty ebay test pipe and use a ex cat-back system? i would get an ex header and cat but i prefer not to if at all possible, just want to use the y7 header/cat combo. can anyone confirm this working?

QuickReaction

5+ Year Member
yes it'll fit the dx and lx are the same you should also have that same header with the integrated cat. someone correct me if im wrong but im almost positive its the same as a dx set up