yes more a/c questions

JPouliot

5+ Year Member
i recharged the a/c last summer, after buying my car. it worked great and blew cold. this summer it started off fine, but now it doesnt get very cold when its hot outside. when im out for a drive with the a/c on and i pull it back in the garage, alot of water or liquid pools under my car. is it normal to have more than a few drips? i also hear a draining noise from behind the glove box, when i turn the car off. any suggestions on where to check for leaks? any advice would b great. sorry if this has been covered in the past

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Have you tested the freon pressure? That's always a good place to start.

You can get an inexpensive gauge that comes with instructions from an auto parts store or a cheapy tool place like harbor freight.

Ej8Turbo

i recharged the a/c last summer, after buying my car. it worked great and blew cold. this summer it started off fine, but now it doesnt get very cold when its hot outside. when im out for a drive with the a/c on and i pull it back in the garage, alot of water or liquid pools under my car. is it normal to have more than a few drips? i also hear a draining noise from behind the glove box, when i turn the car off. any suggestions on where to check for leaks? any advice would b great. sorry if this has been covered in the past
Yes its normal for water to be leaking, not just a few drops.

The noise your hearing is probobly the blower motor.

As for leaks u wont be able to tell unless u use a die in the system...and unless u have yur own ac machine, your gunna have to take it to a shop.....