Yokohama Avs-es 100

civicracer2218

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just purchased and installed my brand new YOKOHAMA AVS-ES 100 205/50/15 tires today. Now I wanted to know if anyone has these on their car and what they think are the pros/cons. Now I noticed today that the roads were a little wet and they felt like they were slippin in the back, JUST A LITTLE. My friend told me that that is because their new and still need to be worn in, correct? Let me know your opinions. 8)

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My last set lasted me 10-12k miles. I recently purchased 2 more sets for the front and 2 NT 450 for the rear because they ran out that rainy day. It doesnt slip for me in the rain and its even better in the dry weather. They do get noisy after a few thousand miles, but overall, Id get them again.

stealthsi009

sTEalth MOde
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah my cousin just got the exact same ones except his are 205/50/16 cause he has a 02 GTS Celica. He's only had them for a week so no complaints yet. Should be any I don't think.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the es100 is my next choice in tires if the damn new falken azenis dont come out.. im getting them and putting on the new wheels i'll be getting whenever my tax money comes in.

damn.. they only last 10k-12k miles? i read from lots of post that they are one of the best thread life for performance tires..

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The last time I got a set was November of 03. I drove for maybe 12k miles that year, and in Nov 04, I got 2 more. I had the mileage all on document. I do need to get a new alignment though. Its been a while since I had the camber kits installed.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if its that bad.. i rather wait for the new azenis.. its suppose to come out the end of this month.

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
But, the 12k miles that I had on mine were 80% spirited driving. I know these can average alot more than what I got on them and I never did a single burnout on these, ever. I was good on that part, but I did alot of hard cornerings almost at every intersection, and just basically you can magine, but never a burnout.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Azenis replacement's tread pattern looks like ass tho... although, I'll prolly eventually get a set anyways...

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have 3 friends that have those tires. A Civic, a Mustang, and a 13 second T/A. They launch better than a Parada Spec-2 but aren't quite as good in the twisties. Be careful though, Yokos are soft and wear pretty fast if you torch 'em a lot. But from what I have seen, they Yokohama is the best way to go if you aren't willing to spend $200 a tire. I like them even better than the NeoGens.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the es100's...but haven't installed them yet haha

Yes, I know that was the most pointless post ever. But I know you wanted to know that. lol

civicracer2218

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i spent about $400 for the tires, mounting, and balancing...they better last a lot longer then 12k miles!!! my toyo proxes lasted a good 25k and that was just daily driving. oh well, they look pretty pimp and i haven't had any problems yet. then again, this is only the 2nd day! =]

surfer4life722

you can touch it...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
[civic] said:
The last time I got a set was November of 03. I drove for maybe 12k miles that year, and in Nov 04, I got 2 more. I had the mileage all on document. I do need to get a new alignment though. Its been a while since I had the camber kits installed.
I got close to 15 on mine now and the tread still looks brand new. But I drive a 4 do' =)

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the azenis..is only for dry weather....it sucks ass even in a little rain
i havn't seen the new tread pattern..but im still in love with the old one