Yokohama Parada Spec 2

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My tires are about finished, and I've been looking for some better ones. Its my daily driver, so I need halfway decent treadwear, but I autocross, so I need all the dry grip I can get (without sacrificing too much wet grip). I have Kumho Ecsta Supra 712s on now, and I think I've outgrown them. I've been looking at Yokohama Parada Spec 2s, I don't expect a huge difference, but their dry grip is rated notably better. Does anyone have any experience with these, or any other recommendations? I can't go less than about 300 treadwear, and the price has to be fairly modest too (the yokos are $70 each for my size, 205/45/16)

Any input would be great. Thanks!

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bridgestone Potenza RE750 :thumbs up

They're $124 for your size, but I have them, and I absolutely love them. Great wear, great grip wet or dry, even when the tires get down low.

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eran said:
Bridgestone Potenza RE750 :thumbs up

They're $124 for your size, but I have them, and I absolutely love them. Great wear, great grip wet or dry, even when the tires get down low.
:: Sighs, looks in wallet, moth flies out::

Vitamin_EK9

I Do This
5+ Year Member
i recently got the paradas and liked them better then my kumhos and my car is daily driven so far no probs

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you should have seperate rims for auto-x then the ones you daily drive on. Just my opinion.

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
you should have seperate rims for auto-x then the ones you daily drive on. Just my opinion.
The all-seasons on my steelies are shot, i can't run snow tires in the summer, i need track tires anyway, and i can't afford 2 new sets of tires. But its a valid point, maybe next year I can go straight comp tires

Thanks for the input all, much appreciated

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the paradas are WAY BETTER than the Kuhmos..you WILL notice the difference and you cant beat the price...I get 25,000 miles out of mine

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've heard Paradas are pretty loud on the road though.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ShinsenTuner said:
I've heard Paradas are pretty loud on the road though.
yes they get louder as they wear down..you get use to it though

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
SCCRules said:
nitto nt555 ftw
i heard nt555's suck. if youre going nitto, inwhich it doesnt look like it, then get the neo-gen's for good traction to wear ratio.

MowinGTP

5+ Year Member
the yoko's are a great bang for the buck! id say go with them!!! let us know what you go with and how you like them!