You Be the Boss

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just picked up an eg/eh hatch last week and I want to lower it down maybe 2-2.5", now i surely dont know much about suspension as this is my first car. Right now the stock suspension is pretty stiff but absorbs every bump, its very smooth! I dont want to loose that smoothness, but then i dont want something very bouncy. I would like to go with coilovers, just so i have the option of raising it up a bit for winter, but some regular springs would be fine as well. If i want to drop it 2-2.5" do i need to replace stock shocks, wont they get to compressed? I guess what im asking is for you guys to put out some good products as far as springs, shocks, and coilovers, and also your opinion on what is best to do (replace springs+shocks, replace springs, coilovers, etc.)

i would like to stay within $500 im thinking, so keep that in mind i guess, but dont hesitate to shoot out some higher end products.

thanks in advance

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for that price, you can pretty much count out the better complete coilovers. you can go with a shock/spring combo like tein s.techs and kyb agx or skunk2 sport shocks which i like because they are slightly shorter than stock. f2 coilovers can be had for around $800. suspension is an area where you get exactly what you pay for, and i mean exactly.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for that price, you can pretty much count out the better complete coilovers. you can go with a shock/spring combo like tein s.techs and kyb agx or skunk2 sport shocks which i like because they are slightly shorter than stock. f2 coilovers can be had for around $800. suspension is an area where you get exactly what you pay for, and i mean exactly.
thanks for your reply, it helps me alot. just one thing, the tein s-techs are like 1.8/1.7 drop, i think i want like 2/2, i will look into springs with that drop on my own, but can i still use stock shocks then, or would i have to get some skunk2 sport shocks which are shorter like you mentioned?

i sort of see myself just going with tein s-techs and taking the 1.8/1.7, but we'll see.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
anyone know of some springs that will drop more than the s-techs but i can still use stock shocks?

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Once you go past 2" it is highly recommended that you upgrade your shocks.
I'm currently in search of a 2.5" drop from my 1.5". I really just want to get coilover for adjustable height. Maybe I'll wait...

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
$500 go with used Ground Control coilovers and kyb agx's, nothing more nothing less.

EgHatch93

EG Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Id say just cut your springs and save up the necessary money for the suspension you want.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Id say just cut your springs and save up the necessary money for the suspension you want.
well money isnt an issue, i bought the car and still have a bunch of money to spend on mods, but i dont want to blow more than 500 on suspension. I think if im going to go over 2" i should really get coilovers, and i just dont want to fork out that money. I think i've made up my mind, and im just going to get some tein s-techs on stock shocks, then when the stocks go i'll replace them with skunk 2 sports, but the stocks are farely new. So with that said, does anyone have a good place to buy tein s-techs from, a good seller on ebay, website, etc? I am in canada, but i'm pretty sure all the online distributors would be in US.

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Go to Online Sponsors.
Speedfiends will get em to you for 165 shipped I believe