you can just call me dr. frankenstein

eflove66

i have an assortment of D series parts laying around so i decided for a nice winter project that i would build a mean d series. first i'll list off what i have planned so far

it's all d16 so ill just use the a6 y8 or z6

a6 block
a6 rods
a6 intake manifold
z6 crank
z6 pistons
y8 head
y8 oil pump
y8 timing belt and water pump
z6 ecu and wiring
matched up to my si tranny

the a6 block came out of my blown up civic si. all the internals are f**ked but the blocks good. jsut need to hone those cylinders out. here's some pictures of the block tear down

it's a shame this engine wasn't treated better. i drove it for a month and BOOM goes the dynamite.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:popcorn: I think ill fallow this, just cause I like watching people build motors.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sweet...

eflove66

Engine massacre
you're telling me, tht's 22 years of straight abuse. poor little engine. it had a honda timing belt and honda oil filter. which i expect to be the ORIGINALS because obviously nobody cared about this motor but me

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i know what you mean, they never did a valve adj on mine, so now, no mater were in that acceptable adj rnge they are set the still tick like a singer sewing machine, so i did the proper adj procedure and left it alone, lol although when it gets really bad i know it the engines way of asking to get an oil change

eflove66

took some time tonight to degrease that disgrace of an engine block. came out pretty alright

before

after

and the back half way through

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
So a6 rods and z6 pistons? sounds like sub 110 wheel to me.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
That is a horse of a different color. Maybe you won't go ebay like most D guys

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
idk why people hate on Ebay so much lol you can still buy name brand parts on ebay..so dose that mean that the parts are junk because they were bought on ebay lol

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
C'mon man. Really? You know what I mean. No name brand ebay crap. Not like "Hey, I bought my Volk wheels on ebay" ebay purchases.

eflove66

next is degreasing the transmission, i dont feel like it tonight partly because it's f**king 6 degrees outside. ill post some pictures when im done.