You Feelin This?

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
I like the smoked, just make sure your not gonna get pulled over all day in your area lol
Yeah he is right make sure you check your regulations! In my area you have to be able to tell there is white on the taillight if it is all blacked out i would get a ticket lol

svcivicsv

Yeah he is right make sure you check your regulations! In my area you have to be able to tell there is white on the taillight if it is all blacked out i would get a ticket lol
I live in cali and cops always drive behind me and I never get a ticket because you can still see the brake lights and the turning signals are still noticeable

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they look ok..i dont like that you can see the bulb so clearly
Agreed, which is why the smoked are better, it helps a bit.... However OP if you get some of the hiper white bulbs since it is reverse, I think that would look good!

Don't buy! Don't buy! Don't buy!

The fitment on these is not good at all, swapping to an OEM taillight fixed my trunk leak. If you really want a set, I've got some that ill ship to you as long as you pay shipping.

What do you think about that rear bumper on the first car? I've got one sitting at home and I'm contemplating painting is VSM except the diffuser.
I bought Ebay lights and the fitment is about 95%, but it is not noticeable unless your REALLY looking, everything sealed up just fine and look great to me....

As far as the bumper, I like that one on the first one being painted black on the diffuser...

I agree with this. Just keep it stock and clean!
Although I agree that keeping it stock and clean, it wouldn't be YOUR car if it was just stock... We would all be rocking boring honda's.... Make it yours, but choosing a tail light that is close to stock with a twist is nice because you do get the best of both worlds... :cool:

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The overall look of your car, I'd say you could get away with the smoked. Looks weird with some colors, or if it's the only custom piece on the car. Prolly would work with yours.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
those are way too dark IMO
I like the dark look on some cars.... Others not so much... The silver Eclipse being the model and Silver, red would be better IMO.... The Civic being all black again IMO should be solid black.....

I smoke people's tail lights A LOT for friends or people that just want it done... And all the cars I have done look SOOOO good with it because they are dark cars...

Only car I did with light color was a white Genesis and it looked sick!

However OP your going for more of the clear with a slight smoke color rather than blacked out... I say DO IT =)

deevibez17

1999 Civic Hx
5+ Year Member
Agreed, which is why the smoked are better, it helps a bit.... However OP if you get some of the hiper white bulbs since it is reverse, I think that would look good!

Although I agree that keeping it stock and clean, it wouldn't be YOUR car if it was just stock... We would all be rocking boring honda's.... Make it yours, but choosing a tail light that is close to stock with a twist is nice because you do get the best of both worlds... :cool:
your right bro,good point...as long as we dont rice it out.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you wana look good from behind huh, so that's what you wana do now huh?

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I do like the smoked taillights look, but Id rather do it to some OEM ones. Definitely not too dark too, smoked out not blacked out. If you're feeling the smoked thing, just pick up a second set of cheap 96-98 lights and smoke the s**t out of them. What color car do you have?

Seriously if anyone actually wants those lights like the OP posted, I've got a set I'll give away or trade for whatever.

deevibez17

1999 Civic Hx
5+ Year Member
I do like the smoked taillights look, but Id rather do it to some OEM ones. Definitely not too dark too, smoked out not blacked out. If you're feeling the smoked thing, just pick up a second set of cheap 96-98 lights and smoke the s**t out of them. What color car do you have?
My car is silver, dont know the exact code for the kind of color it is though..

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bro, I just say DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT and post pics when you do =) I think you will be happy!