You guys seen this? AEM's new piggy back!

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anything made by aem is garbage.

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Melt said:
anything made by aem is garbage.
Especially the EMS :roll:

The only advantage I could see for this is for use on obd2 cars that have no option or have no intention on converting to obd1.. but other wise.. it isn't that useful with all the other tools out there.

blare

I only race from a roll.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont know who would even waste there money on aem parts. :what:

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
apparently its supposed to compete with Emanage and be the same price...the guys at AR fab in winchester are gonna give the beta a try on one of thier scoobies...they dont see it lookin too great

eggie75

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it will work out good for me. i have an obd2 converted to obd1. I have a hell of a time w/ my inspections.

It reads boost, controls larger injectors and controls timing. Good enuff for me!

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
then why not get a emanage? its proven to work, this isnt even for sale yet

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
right now i have Emanage in my car...running my stock 02 civic... i worked out a map and everything for just being stock...i get no check engine lights for O2 snesors or anything.....the 2002 civic is not a normal civic...the Emanage is the only affordable tuning option..the AEM EMS is way too expensive for someone not lookin to make huge power. the standalone EMS is someone wanting more than 250 HP on my car.

eggie75

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, of the tuners in the area, only one that I've talked to will tune an emanage. He wants $900+ to install and tune it. I don't know if thats a fair price, but thats more than I want to spend. The aem is supposed to be under $400 - tuning 150ish. If anyone knows of an emanage tuner in the dc area that'll do it for a decent price, I'm all ears.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wait...900 for that???? thats BS! you can install it yourself for under 200 bux! makes a harness for it..plug and play. then go get it tuned...extreme motorsports in odenton is one of the best tuners out there...
heres another one..
http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/home/

im prolly gonna get mine with J-K tuning in carlisle. 900 for install and tune? thats nuts!