You Won't Believe What I Traded My Civic For!

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had listed my 96 Coupe up for sale. It has stage 2 crower cam, other little stuff. needed paint, no AC or PS. it looked like this.

got an email from a kid, said he had 96 prelude si automatic. called him up, told him didn't really want an automatic but if it was in good condition, i'd do it.

to make things short, the trade went through....pretty sure i came out on top. both cars have same mileage

car needs some minor things. brakes and rotors, and valve adjustment, other than that, immaculate.

you tell me if i came out on top or not.

si-freak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so your proud of this ?

gtoman_05

Yah Its Orange
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for how much u sellin??

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wouldn't have traded for that. The si isn't much faster then your civic that you had the cams in. But the h23 block is good for boost.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its painted. that makes it worth more already

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
nice lude. how come tranny swap isn't in your list of to-dos?

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have an H22 head for you.

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes, this is the new DD. i was asking 3000 for the civic. and i will change to a 5spd, but not till the motor or the tranny goes. some things the prelude has over the civic.

paint, AC, PS. the prelude is worth much more than what i was asking, and that is why this was a good deal. its about as fast as the coupe, even though this is automatic. this trade had nothing to do with what i want, it was merely just a smart decision.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
time to update your sig!

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
time to update your sig!
lol, just did.

i probably shoulda added some more info why i traded. the civic had a slight 3rd gear grind, and had an annoying rattle from the bay (not engine). it was tolerable, just annoying.

gonna do some regular maintenance on this car, but when it blows (either motor or tranny will do, who knows how long since it's a honda) but it'll get an H22 5spd if it does, or if i don't trade/sell by then.

some plans soon are...putting in a glass sunroof that i salvaged from my 97 lude, and gonna try to do a custom shift boot from my old 98 hatch. free and tame less mods. may get an oem accord rear lip, and undecided on a front lip, but def want to get one.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think you made a wonderful choice.

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think you made a wonderful choice.
X2, Prelude's are far more superior than our Civics. Admit it. The suspension, power, comfort. It is way more luxurious than our cars. H23Vtec's are like any other Frankenstein engine out there... If not built properly they will fail. If this is your daily driver I would suggest that if you swap to a manual that you get the H23 transmission. Just my $.02

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
X2, Prelude's are far more superior than our Civics. Admit it. The suspension, power, comfort. It is way more luxurious than our cars. H23Vtec's are like any other Frankenstein engine out there... If not built properly they will fail. If this is your daily driver I would suggest that if you swap to a manual that you get the H23 transmission. Just my $.02
i was actually thinking of getting an accord tranny from the f22. longer gears = better mpg, especially since i drive 80 miles round trip to work 5 days a week. i won't be hard core searching for it, if i come across a good deal then i'll probably do it.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dd the TL, sell teh lude, there's my advice, nice cars are made to be driven.

Congrats on the trade if it makes you happy, looks nicer then your civic did thats for sure,w/that exhaust/header, hopefully he didn't dog it too much.

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dd the TL, sell teh lude, there's my advice, nice cars are made to be driven.

Congrats on the trade if it makes you happy, looks nicer then your civic did thats for sure,w/that exhaust/header, hopefully he didn't dog it too much.
I did DD the TL when i first got it, and was gonna just keep driving it and sell the civic. but after puttin 12,000 miles in 5 months, i decided that i wanted a different DD, so that the TL can stay "nice". I can see myself keeping the TL for a very long time, so its gonna stay in the garage. I drive 80 miles a day to work, and i like having something that i don't have to worry about if it gets scratch or whatnot.

i do want to get another stock civic though, which was my first intention. so if anybody's interested, let me know =)

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
12k miles in 5 months :shock:

Ok I completely understand good move :D

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Very nice trade.

When I bought my '98 Civic it was a toss up between it or a Cashmere Silver Prelude Si (manual). The Prelude was $5 more, but would cost more to insure plus I missed my previous Civic. So I went with the Civic.

There was one thing I wish I could have kept from the Prelude though. It had a Honda car phone in it.