Young_'s 1996 Honda Civic EX Coupe Build!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aight itll depend on the scedule of the week i get bck so it has enough time to dry.
gotta actually find the color i want to i know what i want just gotta find it in paint
Word. If you can find it in krylon dual primer + paint Id reccomend it. I've had luck with it and I tried a different, supposedly higher quality paint with a friend of mines (michaels 2000 ex) and it sucked. Just didn't have that shine.

Looking nice. Now keep this one.
That's the plan :D

Payday is tomorrow so I'll be ordering a fair amount of s**t for the car.

Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, si grill, 6000K HID kit, maybe si tails, depending on how much money I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's roughly 160 not counting the si tails. I'd say a new job would be nice if you can't afford that. But it's all good man, just gotta work with what you got. Use the lack of funds as motivation to get a better job and make more money.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ x2
stand on your own man if your really not happy with the job you gotta be applying at places online be on the job sites look on CL anything you can. these days jobs arent very easy especially without specific skills so gotta hustle to try and find one if you really want one.
I b***h about my job, but honestly dont really need a new one so i havent been looking. i just b***h to do it lol.
@nick 50/50 tails can be had on ebay wont be oem brand, but they will be cheaper and are good quality ive helped 4 people install them on 6th gens all ebay products all from the same seller and always perfect fit no leaks looks oem. You want the seller name lmk and yeah i know i remember the pics of that vc it looked good just dull.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ x2
stand on your own man if your really not happy with the job you gotta be applying at places online be on the job sites look on CL anything you can. these days jobs arent very easy especially without specific skills so gotta hustle to try and find one if you really want one.
I b***h about my job, but honestly dont really need a new one so i havent been looking. i just b***h to do it lol.
@nick 50/50 tails can be had on ebay wont be oem brand, but they will be cheaper and are good quality ive helped 4 people install them on 6th gens all ebay products all from the same seller and always perfect fit no leaks looks oem. You want the seller name lmk and yeah i know i remember the pics of that vc it looked good just dull.
Yeah man hit me up with that seller name. I may pick them up this check.

emerican

Registered VIP
its to late to txt him cause hes at drill but some time tommrw night txt me and remind me and ill get that sellars username cause i need my stepdads ebay login to be postive about it

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, si grill, and 6000K HID kit all ordered

:cool:

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Where are you getting the cap m rotor for so cheap? And is it OEM?

Sent from my HUAWEI-M835 using Tapatalk 2

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where are you getting the cap m rotor for so cheap? And is it OEM?

Sent from my HUAWEI-M835 using Tapatalk 2
Ordered the cap and rotor kit from oreily's. It was 34 dollars. Accel clear cap and rotor. Not OEM Honda. Nothin too fancy just a little bling. Plugs also through oreily's, plug wires off amazon, HID kit and si grill both from private sellers on eBay.

Gonna attempt some headlight restoration in the morning before work. Gonna pick up the cap, rotor, and plugs from oreily's and then I'll just be waiting on the wires in the mail. Probably going to go ahead and install everything also. Then picking up some 2000 grit sandpaper and some painters tape. Gonna wetsand the headlights and use either meguiars diamond cut compound or ultimate compound on the headlights. Probably gonna try the UC first because I'm afraid of the diamond cut being too harsh. I've heard great things about this method and I'm looking forward to the results. Not expecting them to look 100% new but any improvement would be nice. Just want optimal visibility with this HID kit.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ i dident know they make si grill for 96-98 civics ;o
They don't :O lol

It's all good, I'll rock a replica grill, it's purely aesthetic. This definitely isn't a baller build.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice find, much better then a del sol
I feel the same way. :D

Admittedly though, there are some things I miss about the Del Sol. Mainly the interior (seats mainly), and the targa top.

So in other news I restored my headlights and they came out GREAT! :D

Before:

During: (top half was wiped, bottom still hazed(

After:

I also picked up my NGK plugs, and Accel cap & rotor from Oreilly's this morning, and went ahead and installed those. I'll upload the pics from my phone later.

Edit:
Cap :P

Plug wires, Si grill, and HID kit all on the way ;)

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What did you use for the headlights?
Meguiars Ultimate compound and a rag. No sanding or anything. Worked better than any kit I've used. The product itself is actually a paint restoration compound lol

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Y u no like my build thread bump :(

HID kit coming in the mail tomorrow

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Coming along very nicely bro, might have to steal that headlight cleaning idea for my GF's EK