Young_'s 1996 Honda Civic EX Coupe Build!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lookin nice, about time you had an update! Sucks about your bumper, some people just dont have respect.
Word.

Do you notice a difference in performance since you installed the eBay headers?
Nah not really, it's a little louder but that's it. I'm sure it would benefit more with an aftermarket exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PHAHEEM

Well keep us posted when you get the exhaust too; I'm curious to know if there's any performance gains with both headers and exhaust

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got a replacement key, old one was broke and kept falling off the key ring.

Strange thing is, they didn't need my VIN or anything, not even the old key. Just photo ID and insurance card for proof of ownership. How the hell did they know it would work? All they knew was that it was for a 1996 civic. That's it. So if someone worked at a dealership couldn't they have a key made for a "1998 civic" and steal someone else's civic? Strange.

Anyways, no real updates, saving up cash to rebuild the transmission. Any recommendations for a rebuild kit? Going with an exedy OEM replacement kit for the clutch kit. Blayze, let me know how yours is!

Was gonna buy the kits piece by piece but I figure I'll just get everything at once. Will also be replacing the distributor o-ring, vtec solenoid gasket (upper and lower), since they all leak oil, and miscellaneous here and there stuff. Also an oil pan gasket.

Gonna order the bulbs for my gauge cluster and figure out why my speedometer works on and off.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice I need to get a spare made for my car. I will let you know about that clutch for sure, should be getting the car back together soon, hopefully.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Replaced ALL of the lights in my gauge cluster, including these two that light the needles.

And all the brown ones on the back.

Also got a pad for the clutch pedal finally. No pic but you all know what it is, lol

Been in the mood to fix the car up lately. =)

Just savin for the transmission still. :/

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What color bulbs did you replace into your cluster?
Just bright white. I've heard a lot about light scatter and hot and cold spots with colored bulbs so I went with stock.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cmon man im all over the place...
True. So in that case thanks for taking the time to post :D

The lighting IS even, it's just a shitty iPhone pic with a bright ass CEL.. Which I thought about removing today.. Lol it's on for the downstream o2 sensor and I replaced it and reset the ecu, and it still won't go away. -_-

Hard to save for this tranny when there's so many things I want to fix on this car. Lol gotta prioritize.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's still throwing a 63 code after replacing the sensor? I hate c..e.l.s

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's still throwing a 63 code after replacing the sensor? I hate c..e.l.s
Yes sir. I replaced it a while back. Spent 130 on the o2 sensor. The description the parts store gave me said something like circuit heater malfunction. Any ideas how to get rid of the CEL? I hate daily driving it. I scan the code weekly to make sure it isn't throwing another code.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pulling the 7.5 ecu fuse under the hood for 3 minutes should do it, but i'm sure you've tried that.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pulling the 7.5 ecu fuse under the hood for 3 minutes should do it, but i'm sure you've tried that.
I feel stupid but I actually haven't tried that. I've replaced the fuse but not left it out for 3 minutes. I'll try that in the morning. Thanks!

Edit: I worded that wrong. I meant that I didn't know how long the fuse needed to be held out for.