your aem bypass valve is more trouble than its worth

iamgod

Banned
i call BS on that story because a f**king o-ring stuck in the throttle body would not cause the f**king thing to accelerate to 80mph, etc......he is a lying sack of s**t like most people on the internet

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I knew the AEM bypass was overrated. I am glad that guy I won one from on ebay flaked on me. He didn't deserve my $20.00+shipping anyway.

My question...why the hell wouldn't that guy just select neutral and SHUT THE ENGINE OFF without rotating the key all the way to the lock position? It's a hell of alot safer than blowing a red light even if you accidentally lock the wheel.

I haven't had any problems with my CAI and we get a lot of rain here. I know not to run into water deeper than 8 inches on my passenger side.

Jas0n

What's up dogz!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
damn that was crazy!!!

iamgod

Banned
i had a breather filter that went into my TB (hahaha dont ask) and my car did not do this, this guy is full of s**t......i say we burn him at the stake

xxCoolOutxx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pop-n-fresh said:
so you talked to a salesman and he said you have nothing to worry about when you buy his products... hmmm..... and you dont think it could just be a sales pitch?
i bet the s**t loads of people with cai's and a water logged engines would disagree with him.

i remember one kid i knew bought aem because the sales rep said that the intake was made of special self cooling "water obsorbing" metal so that your engine wouldnt get hurt.
well sales pitch or not, I have driven through countless rainstorms and I have never had any problems whatsoever.

iamgod

Banned
you have to SUBMERGE THE f**king FILTER......if you drive thru that much water you are a f**king moron

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
iamgod said:
you have to SUBMERGE THE f**king FILTER......if you drive thru that much water you are a f**king moron
:werd: so your bypass valve aint doin s**t foe ya.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Melt said:
:werd: so your bypass valve aint doin s**t foe ya.
:werd: either is the exra money you spent for the name brand

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that story doesnt even sound true, i call bs all the way

xxCoolOutxx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, i'm thinkin BS also. Even if the car wouldn't stop accelerating, you could mash the f**king brakes and pull the ebrake. or what about just turning the car off. May not be great for it, but its better that totaling the damn thing. I agree, BS.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
if a piece of rubber got into the butterfly valve then why couldnt it stick it open? i've heard this same story before in person so that's why i'm semi believing this. and in panic situations you dont always think clear. i was riding go-carts in a moving amusement park one time when i jumped the railings hit a fence and ended up 3 blocks away on the road before i stopped panicking and took my foot off the gas.. i turned around to see the attendant SPRINTING after me... it scared the s**t out of me at the time but it goes to show that panic doesnt let you think straight.

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Saying that AEM is overrated and that Bypass Valves do nothing is the stupidest thing I've heard in awhile. Look how many people buy AEM CAI, millions, and you throw out their whole reputation because of one or two f**k ups? Plus I have talked to people and seen the damage on a hydro-locked engine because of a CAI, and they wish to god they had bought a bypass valve. I have had my AEM CAI w/ Bypass installed on my car for well over 2 years now, and I have not had one problem.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
undercoverSI said:
Look how many people buy AEM CAI, millions, and you throw out their whole reputation because of one or two f**k ups?
by the same token look how many people buy hyundais, kias, neons, geo's, ...etc. I guess because people buy em it makes them not pieces of s**t.

After fiero's and pinots started gettin rear ended and catching on fire people didnt keep buying em, hell no they bought a different car.

I hated aem even before i started hearing about the problems people had with them. Gotta admit though, powdercoating a pipe red so it looks cool, slapping a special sticker on it so ricers who are chicken of cops will buy em, and then ripping off enough people to afford to do dyno testing so they can go "look our intake is dope because we did dyno testing" never mind the fact that the dyno testing we do is on cars with already built engines so it looks like our intakes are dope. One hell of a scam those bitches are running, and ricers continually keep falling for it.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Melt said:
by the same token look how many people buy hyundais, kias, neons, geo's, ...etc. I guess because people buy em it makes them not pieces of s**t.

After fiero's and pinots started gettin rear ended and catching on fire people didnt keep buying em, hell no they bought a different car.

I hated aem even before i started hearing about the problems people had with them. Gotta admit though, powdercoating a pipe red so it looks cool, slapping a special sticker on it so ricers who are chicken of cops will buy em, and then ripping off enough people to afford to do dyno testing so they can go "look our intake is dope because we did dyno testing" never mind the fact that the dyno testing we do is on cars with already built engines so it looks like our intakes are dope. One hell of a scam those bitches are running, and ricers continually keep falling for it.
exactly :thumbs up

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
huh huh huh... you said dope several times

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
you would notice anf :D

RacerAce6

Jus' Tryin' 2 Learn
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow my friend has one, i think ill let him know so his car doesnt get stuck wide open, although hed probably like it

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Melt said:

But kias, neons, and geos f**k up ALL the time. And people buy that s**t because most people HAVE to have a car, and when thats all you can afford theres not much to do. People dont HAVE to have an intake. Plus, AEM f**ked up only a few times...bad comparison to say the least.