Your assistance will be appreciated!

mumfy

5+ Year Member
I have a 1994 Civic Hatchback DX, which has 13X5J (CMC) Disk, Wheel, part # 42700-SR1-925, and I wish to install Wheel Covers. The 1994 Civic in question did not come with covers and neither was it an option, however after spending hours and hours on the Internet and making dozens of phone calls, I was advised to research an earlier model Civic which had the same wheel configuration and size. After checking dozens of different scenarios I finally thought I was there; the 1996 Civic 2DR DX. It had the same wheel configuration 13X5J (CMC), and would accommodate the wheel cover, part # 44733-SR1-A30 using lug nuts part # 90381-SV1-981. But in my final cross referencing, much to my utter frustration, I find that the 1996 wheel does not have the same part # but is 42700-SR1-935. Are these two part #s the same product and will they accommodate the Wheel Cover mentioned?

DX raceR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WOW. um, not to sound like a smartass. but just go to any auto part store and pick up 13in wheel covers.

mumfy

5+ Year Member
If it was that easy I don't think I would have posted my message for assistance. Not every 13" cover fits a 13" wheel, in fact I have yet to find one. Bear in mind that I am looking for a Genuine Honda product and not replicas or universal fits, which are a dime adozen!

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If it was that easy I don't think I would have posted my message for assistance. Not every 13" cover fits a 13" wheel, in fact I have yet to find one. Bear in mind that I am looking for a Genuine Honda product and not replicas or universal fits, which are a dime adozen!
as your attorney, I advise you to start searching junkyards.....

searching for wheel covers that came of civics in 1996 might be a bit of a challenge. It's easier just to find some oem rims ;)

AcousticAudio

Built LSVTEC .63 a/r stg3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah how about this one: Wheel covers are gay. If you really want to be gay, take your car to your local honda dealer, and they will take you by the hand and lead you to the right parts and order them for you.

But you should really man up and buy some rims. Or just rock the steelies, thats always sweet.

92h22eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just go buy new steelies with tires and hubcaps for like $200....done

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just go buy new steelies with tires and hubcaps for like $200....done
steelies with tires and hubs for like $200 :shock:

I bought my steelies with used tires (good used tires) for $50 bucks and that wasn't the first time either. You can easily find 14in steelies with tires for under a $100 ;)

mumfy

5+ Year Member
Thanks for all of your posts but none seem to understand my question...I know where to find new 13" Genuine Honda Wheel Covers (non-gay versions), what I need to know is are all 13X5J Wheel Disks configuered the same,e.g. is the one on my 94 HB DX the same as the one on the 96 2Dr DX? Then I will know if I have found the correct cover. Thanks.

92h22eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
doesnt matter what car or year...tell honda what size steelie you have and im sure they will point out every option you have