your opinion of painting cf hood

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was just wondering what your guys opinion are about painting the outer sides of a carbon fiber hood..along the V lines??..my car is at honda getting repainted right now and the guy said he'll paint the hood for free

blacknmild874

b00st s00n!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i personally havent found a honda that i like it on. but i think it looks sick on the rsx's. but its your car man do it if you like it.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think it looks a lil odd, but to each his own, and also keep in mind that a c/f hood doesn't have the flatest of surfaces, like my vis has some small waves that you can't really see w/ the c/f on there but once painted you would see it big time

hollywood4689

5+ Year Member
in my opinion iu wouldnt because then its just a painted carbon hood, keep it carbon fiber because its a nice look and it wasnt cheap to just paint it,, and then lets say its needs to be re- clear coated its gonna be a b*tch to go through the paint then the carbon, in end, just leave it, i would just givin what i would do

2nedhnda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would leave it because its a pain to remove paint from it without damaging the clear on it, so if you didnt like it you'd have to pay to fix the clear. Also when you sell it to oh i dont know....say me, I wouldn't want it to be painted.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
paint the whole thing...unless you like showing off that you have a CF hood :what:

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i only seen it pulled off on a bmw m3 in my town.. get a picture up or photochop yourself

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NoWayBack91Si said:
Just curious but why should I paint my whole hood? Are you not a cf fan?
Either paint the whole hood or not at all. A partial painting just looks odd on most cars, a 4th gen is one of those cars, as well as my 240.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the only car ive seen i look really good on is an 00 prelude down at school who has this clean bodykit(not a big fan of bodykits AT ALL, but his just looks good for some reason) and he has 2 diagonal little stripes goin up his hood.

its fantabulous

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NoWayBack91Si said:
Just curious but why should I paint my whole hood? Are you not a cf fan?
all or nothing. Painting it all is my choice though. No need to advertise any more than you have to.

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welp here is a pic on a 4th gen crx or hatch...i think i like it. and the guy that is painting everything is very good. he has been named in i think Super Street or Import Tuner magazines for his work. and he said he's gonig to make sure there are no waves or anything and he's clearing everything..

fitbmx1986

speed safely
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
personally i love that look but i've also on;y seen it on one car. not too sure how it would look on a civic. i think it depends on the color too. iw ould never do it to my 5th gen black coupe but that red looks good

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
paint the whole thing...unless you like showing off that you have a CF hood :what:
:werd:

rexxxgirl

i want a new hatch!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NoWayBack91Si said:
welp here is a pic on a 4th gen crx or hatch...i think i like it. and the guy that is painting everything is very good. he has been named in i think Super Street or Import Tuner magazines for his work. and he said he's gonig to make sure there are no waves or anything and he's clearing everything..

I think it looks cool- as long as the dude guarantees his work.

EH2 GSR 7232

Dee Dee Dee
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ive seen a 00 lude with it that looked real nice... but everyone has their own opinion

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NoWayBack91Si said:
I was just wondering what your guys opinion are about painting the outer sides of a carbon fiber hood..along the V lines??..my car is at honda getting repainted right now and the guy said he'll paint the hood for free

i liked it, I happen to be the 1st around here to do it.. end results i sold the car becuz to many people copyed me

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

looks good to me