Your Opinion..............

AJ99CIVIC

dirty mex
5+ Year Member
ok so im finally seeing the light. i have had this car with the kit on for almost 5 years and i want to try something new. i told my freinds the jdm look is not my cup of tea but im willing to try. dont flame on me but i bring this car to as many shows as i can which are not many being i live in ND. i have looked around and i have been looking just to do an oem bumper and put a cf lip on it or going with like the c west bumper. now you got to realize i do put this in shows so i want it to be an eye catcher and ones the judges would like as well as others.i know not many of you will agree with what im trying to do. but its better then what the car looks like now which most of you dont like. also has anyone ever see the c west style bumper in cf in person? i thought it would be cool to have it all painted except the bottom to make it look like a cf lip. if you have any other sugestions on what i should do feel free to let me know. thanks

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pics of the car????

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OEM front bumper, Spoon front lip, with OEM fog lights. OEM rear bumper, type-r rear lip.

AJ99CIVIC

dirty mex
5+ Year Member

ok well im really into carbon fiber so anything carbon would be cool. and im getting it painted a ruby red color too.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like ur car..
just get the BYS bumper..
cant beat carbon kevlar..

AJ99CIVIC

dirty mex
5+ Year Member
i would love to get a bys bumper..............if i had a dc. Im not a fan of them on civics for some reason

dbramaged

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There was a civic at at HIN about a year ago that had the CWest Carbon kit, fenders, doors, hood, hatch, spoiler and wheels... The rear 1/4 panels were a very dark gray. The car was REALLY nice. Not as intense as I first imagined. If I had the money for all that, I would go that route, but I don't like that much CF and then you have painted quarter panels... The CWest kit is clean and not crazy like "blitz" or "shogun" crap. I'd go for the CWest or OEM with the CF lips and side skirts. That should look nice with the red you're talking about. Good luck!

AJ99CIVIC

dirty mex
5+ Year Member
yeah i was just worried about the fitment on a carbon c west bumper cause thats the major deal i have with my stuff now the lines are not as close as they should be. im looking to go all out full blown jdm with like 15in wheels and stuff but i just want to clean things up. i will still be driving around with the wheels that are on there now for a while.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seems like u are the show car type and wouldnt be happy unless u had a kit.
ever think of fabbing up your own kit?

Riseagain97

I get lost in your eyes..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Id say OEM is the best fitment if your worryed about Fitment. OEM bumpers with Lip Or if you want a diff front bumper get this one
http://jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=110&idproduct=1367
Id also reccomend smaller wheels 18 or 19s even 17s are to big in most cases for civics of our year. the bigger wheels take away from off the line performance and increase weight to the car. The rotating weight is much more than a stock steel wheel on a big ass wheel . and can effect the cars performance GREATLY.. Sofar under the hood i like what youve done thats JDM looking nice and simple. Oh and get JDM fenders to with the factory Fender signal opening. then wire the fender signals to your turnsignals NOT your parking lamps.. thats a little pet peve of mine

AJ99CIVIC

dirty mex
5+ Year Member
^^ yeah call me a ricer lol but i just like to look different. well i never wanted to fab up my own kit really just dont think i would like it when im done. i was just thinking about going with a c west front and seibon oem carbon side skirts and look for a carbon rear lip or a shine rear diffuser. i got my 88 s10 blazer me and my friend are static dropping at the moment and we are fabbing up parts for that just to pass time until we he paints his b2200.

Riseagain97

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wont call you a ricer But the Different look would be a JDM because a majority of the civics in the US have the out ragous body kits. Its the minority that does the JDM parts.. if you wan to be differnt do the front end conversion i did.. NOT many people have done it in the US.
look at the next post because apparently im annoying

Riseagain97

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There are actually a number of front ends you can do that are DIrect bolt ons to the 6th gen civcs with no fab work at all.
THis is a 2000-2002 Honda Orthia front end conversion. The Orthia is None the less a 6th gen Civic wagon

This is the 96-99 honda orthia front end on the actual Honda Orthia

and this is the front end ive done The domani front on the 4door civic or an acura EL i cant tell

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Id say OEM is the best fitment if your worryed about Fitment. OEM bumpers with Lip Or if you want a diff front bumper get this one
http://jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=110&idproduct=1367
Id also reccomend smaller wheels 18 or 19s even 17s are to big in most cases for civics of our year. the bigger wheels take away from off the line performance and increase weight to the car. The rotating weight is much more than a stock steel wheel on a big ass wheel . and can effect the cars performance GREATLY.. Sofar under the hood i like what youve done thats JDM looking nice and simple. Oh and get JDM fenders to with the factory Fender signal opening. then wire the fender signals to your turnsignals NOT your parking lamps.. thats a little pet peve of mine
ya cuz he is builiding his car for u...

we know u have a domani front. ya its cool...
ur getting annoying..

Riseagain97

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya cuz he is builiding his car for u...

we know u have a domani front. ya its cool...
ur getting annoying..
He asked my opinon check the second post ass hole... Did you READ what the thread was called????

AJ99CIVIC

dirty mex
5+ Year Member
it ok thanks for your opinion it better then telling me to F*** off and drive my car into a building lol. i was thinking on getting a carbon fiber c west style front bumper and have it painted but leave the grille unpainted to show the cf. and go with those cf side skirts too. not sure yet

Riseagain97

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds good to me!! they sell lots of carbon parts for civics.. If you really wanted to you could go nearly all carbon. the carbon parts that are out there are. Carbon doors, Carbon Gas Door, Carbon trunk , Hood (obviously) Both front and rear bumpers, And you know side skirts. and fenders. They sell carbon door pillers carbon doors and handels. ive even seen Entire carbon dashes but that has to be made on demand because they arent that popular due to price. i think a nearly all carbon car would look sweet in my book!

AJ99CIVIC

dirty mex
5+ Year Member
yeah my friend has a pink s2k thats almost all carbon fiber i think it looks sick but i think it would look funny on my car not so much of a racecar look