Z28*56k don't hold your breath*

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
io_303 said:
man go for it, buying that car will make you faster then most of the cars on this site, and mods for it are cheaper
I want to man, I stil have to get quoted on insurance before anything though :???:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I loooooooovvvvveeee f-bodies. The styling and the speed. Sort of a pain in the ass to detail. The spoiler on a Formula has a crease around it that wax slips into. I am a bit worried about the reliability of them though. My ex's Formula had the normal headlight gear problem (only with those pop-up lights though... the gears are nylon and need to be replaced with brass ones) and it had some electrical gremlins. Power windows were picky. One taillight would constantly not light because it wasn't contacting. Pretty sure he just needed a new harness there though because when we used blaster on it it worked fine. The most annoying problem was we coudl go to get gas and when he went to start it up it wouldn't. The stock security light in the cluster woudl light and nothign would happen. I'm not sure what the deal was there, but it could have even been the code key or that dirt was in the ignition lock cylinder. It had one of those keys with the chip on the side of it.

Just thought I'd tell you of some of our problems with a similar car. =) Oh yeah, and Flowmasters rule on an LT1. :drool:

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I loooooooovvvvveeee f-bodies. The styling and the speed. Sort of a pain in the ass to detail. The spoiler on a Formula has a crease around it that wax slips into. I am a bit worried about the reliability of them though. My ex's Formula had the normal headlight gear problem (only with those pop-up lights though... the gears are nylon and need to be replaced with brass ones) and it had some electrical gremlins. Power windows were picky. One taillight would constantly not light because it wasn't contacting. Pretty sure he just needed a new harness there though because when we used blaster on it it worked fine. The most annoying problem was we coudl go to get gas and when he went to start it up it wouldn't. The stock security light in the cluster woudl light and nothign would happen. I'm not sure what the deal was there, but it could have even been the code key or that dirt was in the ignition lock cylinder. It had one of those keys with the chip on the side of it.

Just thought I'd tell you of some of our problems with a similar car. =) Oh yeah, and Flowmasters rule on an LT1. :drool:
Thanks for the info. You should hear the flow masters on the Z28, the whole car shakes when you rev it up :hitit: I really like the paint on it too, flip flops from blueish to greenish.

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
flowmasters + headers + no cats = sex for my ears.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh yeah, trust me I know. My ex had the LT1 in his '93 Formula and he had Flowmasters too. So what year is it? Manual I hope. I have a little info I might be able to share with you if you want me to.

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Oh yeah, trust me I know. My ex had the LT1 in his '93 Formula and he had Flowmasters too. So what year is it? Manual I hope. I have a little info I might be able to share with you if you want me to.
It's a 97 and 6 speed 8) No way I could go back to an automatic after the 5 spd Civic I have now. Any kind of info would be awesome, I've been researching them also.

I'll have to check this thread later in the morning, time for sleep now, I got to wake up for classes in 5 hours :cry:

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
call them now....f**k it i will call them for you =)

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wouldn't mind taking one, z28s are some powerful mofos. took my bros gs-t against my friends z28 from second gear ( i had 2 people including me, he had 5..3 girls in the back) and he still pulled on me, and i had his bumper right where i was sitting. I mean it's not surprising but i wasn't expecting him to pull that much on me, esp. with so many people in his car.
Now the bad thing about that car is gas money, that's where it's going to kill you. Get ready to shell out some major doe cuz your going to be running through gas fast.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:drool:

Buy it!

That's what I'm looking at buying. Fast f**kin cars, not to mention how great they respond to mods.

r0yal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
....to each their own, but all i have to say is CHEVY :nono:

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
96greencivic said:
I've always wanted a Z28. But they are useless in the winter.
:werd: to that. F-bodies suck in any inclement weather

But a 6 speed Z28 driven responsibly gets okay freeway mileage. At least that's something

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
:werd: to that. F-bodies suck in any inclement weather

But a 6 speed Z28 driven responsibly gets okay freeway mileage. At least that's something
:werd:

That's why most people store them in the winter. Rain can't be that bad if you drive responsibly.

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
io_303 said:
flowmasters + headers + no cats = sex for my ears.
eww....flowmasters sound like crap imo. go with an slp loudmouth if you are gonna get anything. now that will rumble.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
One other thing you need to be aware of before getting an LT1

guess how much the cap and rotor costs?

DEL Kit: Rotor & Cap
1 per car. D8301 Kit $167.99

That's right! 167 bucks for an OEM cap and rotor. More at the dealership! (O'Reilly sells AC/Delco)
You can get a Wells or Borg Warner for a little over $100.00.

Just for shits and giggles I Froogled the pn. It's a dollar more at Advanced than O'Reilly. $145. at Rock Auto but they probably want 25 for shipping.

Oh yeah, it's a pain in the ass to do the plugs. Oh, it can be done but a D is SO much easier.

You got to drop the exhaust system to do the fuel pump.

the fenders and door skins are plastic. They don't dent. They crack.

The flywheel is damped. You cant just get it turned on a brake lathe. you gotta get it machined at a place that does dual mass flywheels or an engine shop cyl head plane.

That and absolutely sucking in the wet stuff is about all I can think of. If you can drive an old Japanese truck in the rain then you can manage a Camaro.

the good stuff? Don't worry about missing a shift. Just stab the gas and hold it. Unless you went from 1st to 6th, you should be in a usable part of the powerband real soon

On the freeway at 65 mph you should get 27 - 30 mpg.

Flows sound badass, So do Dynomax, so does Spintech....in fact the only thing I hate is Borla

Show those ae86 fools what drifitng is ! :twisted:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
^^^^those prices arent much worse than parts for my gsr :lol:

i spent $54 on spark plugs and got them HALF OFF :lol:

and the dealership wants like $800 for a tune up

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i bought my ngk's for 100 but there were the best, overrated, most expensive ones. you can get stock replacements at shucks or autozone for like 40 bucks or less....dont remember excactly.

my whole 60k mile checkup which included tire rotation, all fluids replaced, valve adjustment, alligment, filters, and all the other little stuff wasn't even 800

todd did you go to kendall honda for that?

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
^^^^those prices arent much worse than parts for my gsr :lol:

i spent $54 on spark plugs and got them HALF OFF :lol:

and the dealership wants like $800 for a tune up
JAYZUS! :shock:

that had better include the timing belt and all parts.

Mitsubishi only wanted $700 to do c/r plugs, wires, and timing belt on our Eclipse and the 6G72 is much harder than a B18C1