zach246's gsr hatch build up

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
damn is that the lowest the suspension goes??!! that s**t is loooowwwwwwww!!!!!!!

i like it :thumbs up

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nothing really. im up at school right now finishing the semester. its been really busy. ill be going home at the end of may and i'll be working then. im going to Thailand in July to volunteer with a program called Volunteers for Peace and i'll be there for a while so idk how much is gonna get done to my hatches this summer, but all of June is free time so ill post some updates then. thanks for looking.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nothing really. im up at school right now finishing the semester. its been really busy. ill be going home at the end of may and i'll be working then. im going to Thailand in July to volunteer with a program called Volunteers for Peace and i'll be there for a while so idk how much is gonna get done to my hatches this summer, but all of June is free time so ill post some updates then. thanks for looking.
I'm looking into going to Thailand for 3 months after grad. I know tons of people that just go there and cruise around, it looks like so much fun.

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm looking into going to Thailand for 3 months after grad. I know tons of people that just go there and cruise around, it looks like so much fun.
ya, i'm looking forward to it. hows your hatch alex have you swapped it yet?

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I ended up moving to Whistler for the winter, to snowboard and such. I'll be back in my hometown in a week. I'm hoping to get all the parts asap and have it swapped and running by the end of May. Then turbo by the end of July? We'll see...

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OBD0 B18a1 motor. Got almost all the parts to convert to OBD1. Picked up the longblock for $350, only 180,000 kms, good condition.

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OBD0 B18a1 motor. Got almost all the parts to convert to OBD1. Picked up the longblock for $350, only 180,000 kms, good condition.
oh cool. we had a couple of those motors. a1 or b1 an ls is an ls i guess. and cheap is good. the gsr motor i just put in my black hatch cost me $2400 and three months of full time work at 2 jobs, but it was worth it. you should turbo it that would be sick.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
oh cool. we had a couple of those motors. a1 or b1 an ls is an ls i guess. and cheap is good. the gsr motor i just put in my black hatch cost me $2400 and three months of full time work at 2 jobs, but it was worth it. you should turbo it that would be sick.
I got my full gsr swap w/ gsr trans for $880, just had to buy knick-knacks to make it work. So I bought my car for $800, and my motor for $880, did all the work myself, not to mention I had to do an auto-manual swap. Swaps must be through the roof around you. I have seen a guy at the track who had just paid 5k to have a gsr swapped into his 6th gen sedan. He had a gsr trans and everything and I still beat him w/ my sedan dd.

I have an AEBS intake manifold, a fidaza 7.5 lb flywheel, an exedy clutch, a Dc sports 4-1 type R header, a cheap muffler shop exhaust, Ls transmission, Ebay intake, and a hondata S100.
I made 161 whp and 118 ft. lbs. Just seems like you spent s whole lot of money for the same stuff.

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got my full gsr swap w/ gsr trans for $880, just had to buy knick-knacks to make it work. So I bought my car for $800, and my motor for $880, did all the work myself, not to mention I had to do an auto-manual swap. Swaps must be through the roof around you. I have seen a guy at the track who had just paid 5k to have a gsr swapped into his 6th gen sedan. He had a gsr trans and everything and I still beat him w/ my sedan dd.

I have an AEBS intake manifold, a fidaza 7.5 lb flywheel, an exedy clutch, a Dc sports 4-1 type R header, a cheap muffler shop exhaust, Ls transmission, Ebay intake, and a hondata S100.
I made 161 whp and 118 ft. lbs. Just seems like you spent s whole lot of money for the same stuff.
well, you paid 880 and had to piece together the rest. you had time on your side, i did not. im a full time college student and i live far from home and my si hatch is my daily driver. there is a consortium of colleges around where i go to school, so i take classes at all of the surrounding schools, not just my school. im always driving from one school to the other with little time so spare so i need my car. with that in mind, i had Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to do the swap. i drove home Friday after my last class. the swap absolutely needed to be done with the car running and driving by sunday night so i didnt have time to fish around for this and that. not to mention that this was my first real swap plus i had to take both motors out and put the new one in. $2400 was the right price for what i got. i know how much s**t goes for and what its worth, the car it came out of had 70k on it and was 100% stock. the previous owner was a middle aged man that drove it to and from work so i assume it wasnt beat on. the couple extra hundred dollars with the peace of mind that i didn't need to buy a thing was worth it to me. i got everything under the hood + ecu of the integra, i literally didnt need to buy anything. the other thing that i liked was that i got papers with the swap, a title of salvage from the donor car and a reciept from the auction the car was bought from. the guy i bought it from is an honest guy and let me pay him weekly which worked out great too. that is great that you bought your motor for 880, that is a good price, and if i had done it in the summer rather than in the middle of the semester it would have been a different story. but 880 dollars for a full gsr swap around here will buy u a stolen swap and im not into that stuff.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man, that must have been sketchy swapping your first motor, knowing it HAD to be done in 2 days!

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Man, that must have been sketchy swapping your first motor, knowing it HAD to be done in 2 days!
That being the first motor will take the longest, I can take one out and put another one in in less than a day without power tools, but I've done over 10 swaps, and in my 4 door I had no help, it really sucked lifting the auto D and putting in the gsr, but then again, I have 3 vehicles to myself so I could have taken my time like you said, I also knew I'd need 5/8" hose,hose clamps,fluids, and small nuts and bolts, and what size the bolts were before I even have to look at them. You paid an average amount I suppose, and good job on your first.