Zach's [college] DD Build/Timeline

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looking good mang, I dig the new rims. +1 for a retro :D I did a retro on mine and I'm doing another one on my EDM auto adjust set <3
And hi JohnS long time no see =)... not to get off topic or anything lol

K00PA

Registered VIP
Did you replace the shoes as well?
Oh yea, and it does look like my nasty rotors! Lol

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good :thumbs up. You don't need to roll your fenders. You're hardly that low :P. I can't fit my finger between the tire/fender on both rear wheels and I don't have any rubbing issues. Just barely clears when the suspension is compressed.
Oh really? Thanks! Are you still running fender liners up front? I don't really want to take those out. But thats awesome because I was dreading doing it lol. I can just fit my fingertip in the gap all around. The tires must come DAMN close to the lip then.

Looking good mang, I dig the new rims. +1 for a retro :D I did a retro on mine and I'm doing another one on my EDM auto adjust set <3
And hi JohnS long time no see =)... not to get off topic or anything lol
Thanks buddy! But the retros awesome, and ah yeah, I remember you getting that adjusting set, I had no clue what it was lol. Im in for your build to start back up soon! :thumbup:

Did you replace the shoes as well?
Oh yea, and it does look like my nasty rotors! Lol
Not this time, my friend and I did last summer and it was a b****. I never want to do it again so the next car I own will have rear disc

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get rid of those rubber strips on the fenders your gonna start having rust like crazy

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Definitely not taking those off then! Ive got no rear quarter rust as of right now, and Id like to keep it that way haha

K00PA

Registered VIP
Not this time, my friend and I did last summer and it was a b****. I never want to do it again so the next car I own will have rear disc
Lol, yea shoes are a hassle, but they're actually easy on our cars try doing 90's model f150, now that will rack your brain! Anyways, your coupe is def looking good!

Why dont you look for a rear disk swap for this car?

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have them on my hx and had them on my hatch and never had any bit of rust
Well then, Im happy it didnt rub at all this afternoon. Id hate to have it rust back there. As of right now, I only have a bit of rust where my drivers door drains on the bottom. It makes me angry every time I see it!

Lol, yea shoes are a hassle, but they're actually easy on our cars try doing 90's model f150, now that will rack your brain! Anyways, your coupe is def looking good!

Why dont you look for a rear disk swap for this car?
Thanks man!

Lol, lets hope I never have to do those then! But youre right, after the first side my buddy and I got the hang of it, but still way harder than disk.

I could look for the swap (and Id love to trust me), but its just seems overly complicated for what its worth. The shoes we put on will probably last for as long as I own the car which is hopefully just a few more years after I graduate college this spring :lol:

Very happy!

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Noob question...those of you with experience with 205/45 or around that size tires.. what psi do you use? There's nothing written on the sidewall or the stickers that were on them.

I was reading this afternoon that it should be no more than 10psi over stock, so I set them at 38psi. The tires shipped filled at the max of 50psi which was way too high

K00PA

Registered VIP
35-40 psi is rated at a 40-55tire from shoulder to shoulder, if the crown is rounded at the top, then its over inflation and could cause cupping in the tires center so 38psi sounds great :D

K00PA

Registered VIP
I could look for the swap (and Id love to trust me), but its just seems overly complicated for what its worth. The shoes we put on will probably last for as long as I own the car which is hopefully just a few more years after I graduate college this spring :lol:
Lol, true! Well if you're not planning on getting your car dirty at road races, there's no need for it plus it'll be a waste of money since you just replaced shoes and drums, lol

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow man car looks great so much of a change. Are you going to get new lugs to set off your new feet?

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
35-40 psi is rated at a 40-55tire from shoulder to shoulder, if the crown is rounded at the top, then its over inflation and could cause cupping in the tires center so 38psi sounds great :D

Lol, true! Well if you're not planning on getting your car dirty at road races, there's no need for it plus it'll be a waste of money since you just replaced shoes and drums, lol
Awesome, thanks man, I thought for sure that it would be on the tire somewhere or on the label, but I guess every car is different. The first day I drove it on 50psi..you could feel EVERYTHING. lol. At 38psi it feels alot more comfortable. :thumbs up

But yeah, I dont have any plans to race yet, though it would be fun. My car is definitely slow haha. They host SCCA events at my dads work, so he's been trying to get me interested in that but I'm not sure yet.

Wow man car looks great so much of a change. Are you going to get new lugs to set off your new feet?
Thanks buddy, the wheels came with a set of "gorilla locking lug nuts" and a key but they're chrome. It even included 8 extra lugs!

I'd like to have some black ones eventually. I dont have extended studs, though that would be cool and pretty easy to do. Any brand recommendations for some better ones?

really nice, even with white on white there good contrast
Thanks, I appreciate that. I love the white on white, and if I ever get bored, I think I might plasti-dip them black for a little bit lol, then peel it off when I want white again

Looking good bro thumbs up!
Thanks!

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think black extended open lugs would look nice. As far as brand go just research. Or talk to CHILD he made a review on the taper of aftermarket lugs vs OEM lugs. He's a pretty knowledgable guy.

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think black extended open lugs would look nice. As far as brand go just research. Or talk to CHILD he made a review on the taper of aftermarket lugs vs OEM lugs. He's a pretty knowledgable guy.
YEah, black for sure. I love how open lugs look, but especially with extended studs. I'm not sure if its worth the hassle for a few months every year to put in extended studs. Plus Id have to find some OEM round seat extended lugs for when I throw my old tires on in the winter.

So probably YES to open extended black of some kind, but nah to extended lugs lol. :thumbs up:

I ordered a 300mm Broadway mirror this afternoon, and a new 6ft AUX cable for my iphone/ipod in the car. I want to run it under the panels to where the e-brake comes out, rather than have it sit under the headunit.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a wink mirror which I love but I've been thinking of getting a broadway mirror for a cleaner OEM look.

K00PA

Registered VIP
Try BWR black open end lug nuts, they're fairly priced and light weight...

It was my first choice til I got the neo crome fetish, lol...but yea def check them out!