Big Daddy Dumplin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just got this hatch. I decided to make a build thread. So here it is

98 EK Hatch

Big Daddy Dumplin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just ordered a CTR Shift boot, will have pics up when i get it.

And i have a CD Player coming, damn assholes stole my CD Player when i left for vacation.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Get an alarm

98 EK Hatch

Big Daddy Dumplin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do you seriously need that big ass tach? I have never understood them.
I am getting rid of the big ass tach, i hate that thing.... it will be gone when i get my CTR gauge cluster

And i am getting a Viper alarm installed as soon as my lock actuators get here from honda.

98 EK Hatch

Big Daddy Dumplin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The plans for the interior are most definitely CTR

The exterior, i am debating on a 96-98 CTR or 99-00 SI.... havent really made up my mind, i love both styles greatly.

New suspension

I will get the interior and exterior done before i worry about the motor, but i will either do the B16B or the GSR B18C1..... havent really made my mind up on this either lol, but the motor will come much later unless something happens to the one in it.

Championship white, Carbon fiber hood and hatch, and some other wheels... dont know which ones yet either lol

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The plans for the interior are most definitely CTR

The exterior, i am debating on a 96-98 CTR or 99-00 SI.... havent really made up my mind, i love both styles greatly.

New suspension

I will get the interior and exterior done before i worry about the motor, but i will either do the B16B or the GSR B18C1..... havent really made my mind up on this either lol, but the motor will come much later unless something happens to the one in it.

Championship white, Carbon fiber hood and hatch, and some other wheels... dont know which ones yet either lol
CTR ftw. dont do 99-00 cause thats what everyone does. keep it how its meant to be. which is the 96-98 front end style. championship white will look sick if you do the CTR 5 lug swap

98 EK Hatch

Big Daddy Dumplin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
CTR ftw. dont do 99-00 cause thats what everyone does. keep it how its meant to be. which is the 96-98 front end style. championship white will look sick if you do the CTR 5 lug swap
Yeah i was leaning more towards the CTR.... and i DO plan to do the 5 lug swap.

I have a question, the CTR spoiler for the hatch... i cant really explain what i mean but it looks like it tilts up... anyways i want to do that so bad it looks crazy.

My CD Player just got here today so i am going to be installing it here in a little while

98 EK Hatch

Big Daddy Dumplin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so i installed my CD Player and took some pictures even though its dark outside and you cant really see it, but i dont care, i can finally drive and listen to more than the wind.

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dude thats like the same cd player i got except i got the model with the smaller screen. lol i know what you mean about the spoiler for the hatch. i think usdm ej6 has that setup? check out his build thread cause hes done most of what youll prob end up doing.

98 EK Hatch

Big Daddy Dumplin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i have looked at his recently, and yes thats exactly what i mean about the spoiler... i will probably PM him and ask what he bought to do that...

98 EK Hatch

Big Daddy Dumplin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cant wait for my shift boot to get here, so that i have an excuse to go have some bonding time with my car.

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lowes or home depot. just get one that is about the same size as your shifter and about 2-3 inches long? idk exactly but i can post a pic tomorrow if you want me to

98 EK Hatch

Big Daddy Dumplin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well see my buddy has a GSR teg, thats just sitting at his house, so he is gonna give me is factory shifter knob, since its long i hope i wont need to go get a spring but if it still doesnt meet the knob then I will.

YES!!!! My boot will be here today, and i will get the knob tomorrow, so i will have pics for you guys tomorrow

98 EK Hatch

Big Daddy Dumplin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, got my Honda CTR Shift boot in mail, putting it on first thing tomorrow as soon as i go get my buddy Joe's GSR shift knob.... will have pics up tomorrow of install

98 EK Hatch

Big Daddy Dumplin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alright! im up and out of bed, time to get start plans today before i go to school....

1.) CTR Shift boot and GSR Knob
2.) Relocate CD Player, just saw this last night and decided to do it, seems easy and no one i know in tennessee has done it yet, so im getting on it, while its still fresh here