Not open for further replies.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ummm........NO!

I have a ported zc head, does that count?

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hanlon_civic said:
Hey, I was wondering what, if any, VTEC heads would fit on a DOHC 1.6 ZC?
nope, but vtec is overrated, its nothing like feeling a turbo spool up, or a shot of nitrous. Its a little bump nothing else.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
io_303 said:
nope, but vtec is overrated, its nothing like feeling a turbo spool up, or a shot of nitrous. Its a little bump nothing else.
vtec is wonderful! It let's you have a full race cam type profile without the lumpy idle and massive unburned HCs at low rpm. Of course just having a little more lift and duration on the valve to fill the cylinders with air/fuel isn't nearly as good as forcing that s**t in with a turbo but still it's good stuff. Plus i can short shift all day keeping it below 4K and never use my vtec....well, I can't. But someone could. You can't really turn off your turbocharger. 8)

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you cant turn off a turbo but you can still drive around all day out of boost.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
vtec is wonderful! It let's you have a full race cam type profile without the lumpy idle and massive unburned HCs at low rpm. Of course just having a little more lift and duration on the valve to fill the cylinders with air/fuel isn't nearly as good as forcing that s**t in with a turbo but still it's good stuff. Plus i can short shift all day keeping it below 4K and never use my vtec....well, I can't. But someone could. You can't really turn off your turbocharger. 8)
When I take "the gouch" out I rarely use my boost even when I'm highway driving.

BTW when I had my dohc zc I was like, "vtec aint s**t" now that I have vtec it still aint s**t ;)

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Noise does = power. Just ask anybody who put straight pipes on their Harley Davidson and went from a 13.99 1/4 mile to a 13.97.

hanlon_civic

5+ Year Member
I really actually want VTEC for what it's made for, good fuel enconmy in the lower range and as much air flow in the top end.

hanlon_civic

5+ Year Member
ha ha nope, I'm a poor Universtiy student and need good fuel economy especially when gas here is $1.06/L lol

Status
Not open for further replies.