Zc mount

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok so i picked up my dohc ZC and ZC tranny today i got it for a steal $320 and i picked it up 15 minutes from my house... the kid bought it from osakajdmmotors.com and let it sit for a few months then decided to sell it..... it doesnt get any better than that
ZC-2419442
Tranny - PL-3000 12/3
sadly i have encountered one problem....

i looked on my spare d15 block but since i couldnt get the timing belt cover off tonight cuz i got too tired. it doesnt seem like this is the same motor mount as the d15... now how hard is it going to be for me to find another mount to take this ones place???

sidewayzinCA

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why is the motor all beaten up around the mount...? is it melted plastic, i can barely tell what im looking at.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks like someone couldnt get the last bolt out of the motor mount when they took it out of the car so they got the torches out and tried to cut it....the realized they jut caught the timing cover on fire and called it quits....but prolly the heat got the bolt lose and then they tried the wrench again.......thats just my observation from the pic;,

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah thats exactly what i figured... they were idiots, today when i was going to take the rest of the plastic off i realized that my crank pulley is a little cracked and i'm not sure if its the same as a d15, they look similar, but... still i just wanna be sure not to f**k this motor up. another question is. when i had my D15 i took all the plastic off because IMO it looked like s**t but... it was extremly hard for me to put it back in time without all the plastic. On the Zc i dont see any timing marks on the plastic, and i dont have a "Hayes" book on this on this motor yet, so where are the crank timing marks?

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
is there an easy way to make the ZC tranny work in my 91 LX? i head about a half shaft and its hard to find and i know my tranny did not come with it so i guess i'm better off finding another SI tranny?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
90-91 civic wagon RTAWD intermediate shaft is the SAME as a ZC one, or search Ebay and thezcr.com for one. or just get a SI tranny and use SI axles.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
from what iu heard the 90-91 integra axles will fit....

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the half shafts, not the intermediate shaft, if you use 90-93 teg half shafts you have to take the dust cup out from the hub.

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, i think i'm just going to sell the zc trannie and just use my si tranny i got now because sopposevly its better for gas milage

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but you dont get equal lenght axles...

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
but you dont get equal lenght axles...
wait you just confused the s**t out of me, if i use my si tranny all i needa do is use teh same axles i've been using

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes, ZC trannys use equal length axles like the tegs.

and no you cant use the ZC intermediate shaft with a the si tranny, but what I am going to do it get one machine down to fit into the si tranny. equal length axles for SI tranny :lol:

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how would that be better, more traction?, speaking of... is that why a non lsd trannie spin's the passanger side wheel more easily than the drivers side? or is that something completely different?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
equal length axles help reduce tourqe steer, yes LSDs do make both wheels spin instead of just one.

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i knew what an LSD (hence "limited slip differential") did but since i come from a family of RWD vehicles and all my knowledge is in fords and RWD i had to think for a second what toqure steer was

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much you want for that ZC trans???? ill give 75 for it.where you live...

The375Boy

ZC b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Snake_Shit said:
how much you want for that ZC trans???? ill give 75 for it.where you live...
nooooo not for $75, it has no more than 50k on it, my buddy said he called dibs for $150

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
150 !!! man i can get them all day for 75

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Snake_Shit said:
150 !!! man i can get them all day for 75
not a LSD ZC tranny you cant $150 is a great deal for it.