ZC Pistons

greg1174

98 EX Coupe
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am sure this has been covered before and I am sorry if it has but I couldn't find it anywhere, I did find a lot of useful information but it didn't cover my question. The question is:

What else do I need to do to my engine if I put in ZC pistons in a D16Y8? Do I just put them in and run it, or replace the cam too, run special gas, run a better fuel pump, etc......

Thank you for any information you can provide.

greg1174

98 EX Coupe
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can no one answer this for me? I just wanted to know what other things I need to do to the motor if I put in ZC pistons.....like do I need different rods, etc.........Please help....

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont think you need to do anything if you get new pistons...may as well get some sleeves while your at it though, may I suggest Darton

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
is it sohc zc piston or dohc zc pistons.

greg1174

98 EX Coupe
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SOHC ZC pistons I believe, you find them all the time on Ebay....when using the compression thing, it looks like it will push it high by itself, but I don't know if I need new arms, sleeves, etc. I don't want to blow up my car lol.......

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
you can also use the dohc zc pistons to help bump the compression to somewhere aroud 11.1:1 or something like that, makes for a great all motor setup.

greg1174

98 EX Coupe
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, that sounds great, but if I buy those pistons, and put them in, is there anything else I need to do that instant? Or can I just run it with the pistons in?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
check with a local shop and get their opinion, just to make sure you get things fone right.

greg1174

98 EX Coupe
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, I am in an area that I am not from so I don't know the shops around here nor do I know how trustworthy they are.