ZC Queastion

Drive4Fun

Stock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright, i just figured out i had a blown headgasket and i have a few queastions before changing it.

1. I dont want to re-use the stock head bolts, but im told ARP ones are re-useable, and when i bought this car i was told it had ARP head bolts in it, is there any way i can tell if they are really ARP or am i s**t outa luck.

2. Ive also head valve cover gaskets arent reusable but i JUST put a new one on and dont wanna have to pay to buy another one, is it reusable?

3. Im running higher compression than stock (i.e. milled head) but i havent done a compression check yet to see exactly what its at, but im sure its much higher, will a OEM 89 Integra headgasket hold up to this?

4. Tq numbers for head bolts on a ZC, cant find them.....

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SRT4 head studs, if teh valve cover gasket is sofr and not hard it can be reused, if teh head wasent milled too much you should be good, or find someone who is selling a HKS head gasket,

head bolts,
Stage 1: 22ft lbs
stage 2:48 ft lbs
means tigeten them all to 22 first then 48

and i assume this is all for a DOHC ZC

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AHEM!!! i have a HKS head gasket...its metal...its used...but its reusable. 25 bucks man you can have it.

also let me decipher greens code here! sofr = soft tigeten= tighten wasent= wasnt

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can also reuse the stock head bolts.. its not gonna hurt anything if you do. the valve cover gasket is made of rubber. all rubber gaskets except oil pan gaskets can be reused if they havent been on there for ever. if you frequently take your valve cover off like we do you should be fine.for someone who has never touched it since the car was new. then its a good idea to replace it

Drive4Fun

Stock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the info guys, but will there be any way of telling ARP headbolts from the stock ones? cause this motor was supposed to have them in it but i dont know any way to tell them from stock.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if there bolts, ther enot ARP, if there studs with nuts they are. ARP head Studs are what are used.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Snake_Shit said:
you can also reuse the stock head bolts.. its not gonna hurt anything if you do. the valve cover gasket is made of rubber. all rubber gaskets except oil pan gaskets can be reused if they havent been on there for ever. if you frequently take your valve cover off like we do you should be fine.for someone who has never touched it since the car was new. then its a good idea to replace it
That may not be such a good idea, stock bolts arn't made to flex so much, where as arp bolts can be flexed and stretched over and over, this is the advantage of arp products. Not to mention they are some times better then OEM.