Zc Sohc Vtec

thebossmeng

5+ Year Member
hey guys, just swaped a zc sohc vtec 1.6l into my 93 civic lx.. my question is where do i hook up my map sensor vacum line to???? there is no hookup on the throttle body (like on the d15b7) i using a t fitting right now off the fuel pressure.... i need help.... also has anyone done this swap before... from a d15b7 to a zc sohc vtec??

thanks

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the map sensor can go to any port available... or.. teed off the fuel press.. it really doesnt matter... as liong as it has strong vacuum

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the SOHC VTEC ZC should have the MAP sensor right on top of the throttle body - best to use it instead of the one on the firewall - just unplug the connector at the MAP on the firewall and plug it into the one on the TB - if it doesn't reach the TB, you can sometimes free up enough wire to the connector behind the dash or you may have to extend the wires

thebossmeng

5+ Year Member
ok well there is no where to connect to the TB... now should i use my TB off the d15b7, or will, that make it worse.... i dont know much on engines so be nice!!! got my cousin doing all the work as i type lol

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok well there is no where to connect to the TB... now should i use my TB off the d15b7, or will, that make it worse.... i dont know much on engines so be nice!!! got my cousin doing all the work as i type lol

is this in an obd1 car?

if so.. yes. use your original TB.. it wont change it that bad. as long as your TB has that map sensor mounted on top.. then your fine