ZC turbo options

Ls-HatchBoy

Honda Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just wondering if the motor is good with turbo, maybe not high boost but around 5 psi, the car im buying has a ZC in it that is running great, me and the owner took it too the local race shop they said motor is in excellent cond. just wondering if it would be a reliable or somewhat reliable boosted motor.... comments or advice is welcomed just dont be a jack ass about it.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Yes, i used to have one, on 5-7psi on a stock block they're very peppy, at about 10psi say good-bye to your pistons unless you can afford a good tune, on just 5psi expect about roughly 150hp, which is a light 4th gen is a forced not to be messed with, but eh what do i know, lol.

Ls-HatchBoy

Honda Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i actually bought a hatch yesterday and im trying to figure out if the parts from the d15 will work on the d16

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
which parts?

B2ohBOOSTED

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a buddy who boosted a ZC and lets just say that didnt work to well blew up in a week... not saying yours or anyone elses has but in my opinion you gotta worry about maintenance before turboing a car which he did not and i wouldnt have called it a strong running motor.... ever thought about a B20? lots of tourque... and not to mention there only 600 bucks... its what i have and for right now while my build is going down shes a beast... if ur interested ill show u some pics or something and try n help you out... does the car you own already have the ZC or are you looking to swap something...

GoDave!

There is a guy on youtube and H-T that has a CRX DOHC ZC boosted on stock head/block. He pulled 207whp/160tq at 8psi I believe...maybe 10? It's a red CRX.