ZEX Nitrous or SS AUTOCHROME Turbo?

sarquez

5+ Year Member
Hey guys, what's up?

I'm down to a doubt here, I got a D16Y7 (Daily drive), but as you all know it is pretty lame when original, and unfortunatelly in Brazil it is almost impossible to engine swap (taxes, engine price, and police authorization for engine swap), so I was left with two Solutions TURBO or NITRO.

Again this is not a racing car, and really I don't expect much, just some extra power to get closer to new models (for example 8th generation).

So I checked all araound, as superchargers for this model are almost impossible to find I was offered a Zex Nitrous Kit, and a Turbo Kit.

Which one should I go for it? Any one here has one installed? What is your feeling abou it?

I have found these guys on the web: www.ssautochrome.com and the kit is very simple for a 5 psi tune up, as I don't want to change much on the engine, what do you guys think? Should I go for the Nitrous? Should I go for the turbo?

Thank you all!

eg6white305

Ssautochrome used to be referred to as ssautocrap by most car enthusiasts. The quality was terrible, however i believe they have improved. That price is very cheap to. Alot of parts might have to be slightly modified to get a proper fit. Nitrous is still so much easier if youre just looking for a little horsepower bump. A wet 60 shot is easy to use and safe if done right. 1 stage colder spark plugs, a degree or two timing retard, premium fuel,etc.

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For the love of god DO NOT use ssautochrome! Ebay turbo kits are a waste of money, and most turners hate working with them because their quality sucks donkey nuts. You will need to have any turbo set up tuned for it to work efficiately/properly.

You are better off going with the Zex kit and running a 50 shot. Straight forward install and good gains for the money

sarquez

5+ Year Member
Hey guys, thanks for the help!

You know I was sort of thinking about low price, and quality also, problem is we cannot find turbo kits for D16Y7 in Brazil!

By the way EG6WHITE305, thanks for the help on the spelling, my bad there, after 12 years in Brazil... My english kind got messed up, you know NITRO (Here in Portuguese) = NITROUS in the USA!

I was kind of worried about the Nitrous kit... But it I've seen many good things on previous posts, guys got me going now (LOL), and 50 to 60 shot is enough!

How about this kit from ZEX:

http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/zex-82021

I'll probably get a Wet shot kit, I've seen the install... Easy to do!

Thanks!

eg6white305

No problem im glad i could help. That is a very good kit. It has alot of safegaurds so you dont hurt your motor. The wet kit sends fuel through the nozzle with the nitrous, whereas a dry kit fuel is supplied through the injectors. Dry is better if you get the right sized fuel injectors and a good tune, but if you dont have access to a good tuner then a wet kit is still very good for small hp applications. Fuel can puddle and cause a backfire through the intake, so do alot of research before buying anything. Do you have any tuners in your area?

sarquez

5+ Year Member
No problem im glad i could help. That is a very good kit. It has alot of safegaurds so you dont hurt your motor. The wet kit sends fuel through the nozzle with the nitrous, whereas a dry kit fuel is supplied through the injectors. Dry is better if you get the right sized fuel injectors and a good tune, but if you dont have access to a good tuner then a wet kit is still very good for small hp applications. Fuel can puddle and cause a backfire through the intake, so do alot of research before buying anything. Do you have any tuners in your area?

Eg thanks a lot man, you really helping me out, I'm new to the Nitrous deal, about tuners here... Hard to find, these guys have no idea how to install it... I'm gonna place the kit myself. I don't really get the idea of wet and dry, but people say wet is the best always. About the Kit we are talking about ZEX right, these guys have a good reputation!

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would suggest staying away from a dry kit. The problem with it is the fuel/nitrous mix becomes uneven in cylinders 3 &4. A wet kit as stated by eg basically premixes the fuel and nitrous before it enters the block. this keeps the mixture constant. Wet kit is the way to go.

sarquez

5+ Year Member
I would suggest staying away from a dry kit. The problem with it is the fuel/nitrous mix becomes uneven in cylinders 3 &4. A wet kit as stated by eg basically premixes the fuel and nitrous before it enters the block. this keeps the mixture constant. Wet kit is the way to go.
Wet kit then! Thanks SleepingSol, man... I guess the price for this ZEX kit is good right?! Got another $248 to ship down to Brazil... Still the price is much better than purchasing a second line nitrous kit from Snyper (Nos second line).