Zoom zoom zoom...wait what?

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I picked up a new daily driver/project car for myself. I wanted something RWD, has potential, and isn't a Honda lol. So, I picked this baby up for 1200$ even. Clean title, paint was faded but I already buffed it and it's shining like crazy now. Only problem is the clutch was slipping like HELL. So, I had it towed and I'm waiting for my clutch and passenger mirror to get in.

1990 Mazda Miata (Eunos Roadster for those jdm kiddo's)
Mariner Blue
5spd
Bone stock!

Here's some pics!

Hope you guys like! I will update this thread often so if you like Miata's, stay tuned!

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Whoa! If u went a few years newer it would've come with a Nardi wheel and knob lol

Nice man, cant wait to see what you do with this...soooo many available parts, congrats

*cough* my input = LS powered MX5

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very nice man!

FM isn't too far from you either, plans?

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks a lot fellas! I'll be upgrading to a Nardi wheel and knob soon enough haha.

My current plans:
Clutch
Mirror
Stance coilovers
wheels (not sure yet)
cage
OEM front and rear lip

I want to compete in some auto-X events so we'll see how it does haha.

Whats FM?

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
flying Miata is based not far from you.

full cage or rollbar?

If you want to build this solely for AutoX i'd go over SCCA rules and pick what class you want to compete in. A full cage may put you in a higher class than a rollbar.

And it will do fantastic in Autox, my bone stock 1999 ran even w/a b16 swapped hatch, full suspension etc.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah sorry, I meant roll bar. Do you have any thoughts about Hard Dog roll bars? They look like they good stuff.

And ahhh I gotcha. I'm new to the Miata, let alone Mazda scene haha.

And yeah, my friend races them in the Miata Spec class races in CA, he LOVES it. I watched some of his in-car vids and it made me want to get one haha.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah hard dog or bossfrog, you can't really go wrong, some hardogs are SCCA approved, all bossfrogs are I think.

I'm gonna pick up a bossfrog in the next month hopefully

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ah very nice, I will check them out also. Thanks for the tips :thumbs up

I also just found a place that sells the JDM badges 'Roadster' on the left, and 'Eunos' on the right. I picked those up too!

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice man,

yeah www.flyinmiata.com has a nice OEM clutch kit, reman'd exedy I believe w/OEM feel and a lightened flywheel.

edit: i guess they are like 5 hours from you or so.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh really? Hah, guess I should have ordered from them, I probably would have received the clutch a lot faster haha. I'll keep them in mind when I order more parts, looks like some good stuff!

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

roadsters ftw...its such a different feeling with only 2 seats and an engine

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh really? Hah, guess I should have ordered from them, I probably would have received the clutch a lot faster haha. I'll keep them in mind when I order more parts, looks like some good stuff!
yeah man,

Lastnight we nearly completed their stage 2 turbo kit in my buddies NA

They make really nice stuff, very impressed.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bheims, hell yeah! It's more fun than my EM1 which is sad haha.

And nice! I eventually want to turbo the stock motor. I heard they're fun as hell and hold boost very well. But probably not till much later, I want to focus on the body, suspension and interior first haha.

Gave it its first coat of wax.

And this was yesterday, next to my EM1

I seriously don't think the owners ever waxed or even washed the car for that matter. The paint was so faded and nasty. The wax is definitely helping it though. I did the first coat yesterday with rubbing compound and it brought it back to life, so lets hope the wax finishes it off.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow it looks so clean for a 90 especially at that price man nice find!

BTW you take the pass mirror off?

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks man! Yeah the body/motor/interior is why I jumped on the deal. For 1200$, I got a great condition and running car, all it needed is a clutch.

Oh and the passenger mirror was missing ever since the previous owner had it, so I bought another one and its on its way :thumbup:

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
That is a really good find for 1200.. i feel like it is, anyways...

Ill be in for this build!