Bad/Weird Habits & Routines, OCD's, etc.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Going-West said:
Oh, and like Amy said I don't like chunks of things in food, I just hate the texture. This includes onions or big chunks of tomatoes or garlic in pasta or on pizza or something...I hate it. I like it to be smooth.\.
Thank god someone else gets that. So many peopel have told me it's weird. "Just try it, you'll like it." No, no, no... I just bit into a piece and it made me feel like I was going to vomit... no thanks, I think I'll pass on trying it again.

the taste of tomato, garlic and onion are fine... in fact they're wonderful flavors... but to actually crunch down on one... blech.

oldschooljdm

Banned
since ive been detailing cars, i have a routine down. anytime someone comes over and tries to help, i get shitty. i have an order which i do things, and if someone f**ks up that order, it throws me off ALL DAY. i can not stand it when people try to help me do my job basically lol.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oldschooljdm said:
since ive been detailing cars, i have a routine down. anytime someone comes over and tries to help, i get shitty. i have an order which i do things, and if someone f**ks up that order, it throws me off ALL DAY. i can not stand it when people try to help me do my job basically lol.
Apparently I often don't hear anyone when I'm detailing. And I'm doing it by hand so it's pretty quiet. I know I've talked to Jason while detailing... but he tells me he talks to me a lot of times and I don't even react. :lol: I don't know, I only know this because he says it happens.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Going-West said:
And also I wiggle the shifter left to right whenever I put it in neutral before I lift off the clutch, just to be sure.
I made a good habit of doing that after I almost launched through the garage wall in my car. Luckily my parking brake was up. Had it not been up, my car would've gone thru the garage wall and my parents would've killed me lol.

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
amej8 said:
I made a good habit of doing that after I almost launched through the garage wall in my car. Luckily my parking brake was up. Had it not been up, my car would've gone thru the garage wall and my parents would've killed me lol.

I put my hatch into a curb because my dad decided to drive it and leave it in 1st, which is something I never do. I though wiggling the shifter in neutral was normal...all of my friends and most of my family members do it so I just started doing it when I started driving.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I bite my nails, bite the skin around my nails, bite the skin inside my mouth under the bottom lip, whenever I take a dump I always take my keys, wallet, and phone at my pocket, I have to sleep on my left side, it has to be totally dark and quiet for me to sleep, whenever im talking on the phone and Im nervous I'll go and clean or pick up while talking, or walk all over the house.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Thank god someone else gets that. So many peopel have told me it's weird. "Just try it, you'll like it." No, no, no... I just bit into a piece and it made me feel like I was going to vomit... no thanks, I think I'll pass on trying it again.

the taste of tomato, garlic and onion are fine... in fact they're wonderful flavors... but to actually crunch down on one... blech.
Word, I love the flavor, but I hate the texture. Thats the main reason I don't like the foods I like is the texture.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
Ha, I've made a habit of using the parking brake instead of turning it off in 1st gear or putting it into after I've shut the car off...because I've turned it on then just lurched forward a couple times...my dad always does that to my car and it really pisses me off because I know I'm going to explode through the garage door one day.

I also always remember to use my parking brake after the time I didn't and it rolled back into my garage door, then I came into the garage to leave and the handle put a 2'' scrape in my bumper...or the time I did it and it rolled back into the trees that are on the other side of my garage and I got sap all over it.

Ah, life lessons :lol:

Oh, I forgot. I have restless leg syndrome...I always tap my feet or drum on things when I sit for long periods of time. My girlfriend hates it when we sleep together I keep moving around...but then I make fun of her talking in her sleep so it's all good.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Going-West said:
Oh, I forgot. I have restless leg syndrome...I always tap my feet or drum on things when I sit for long periods of time. My girlfriend hates it when we sleep together I keep moving around...but then I make fun of her talking in her sleep so it's all good.
I don't have that syndrome but I can't sit still for long periods of time. I start to get REALLY antsy and HAVE to move around. Otherwise I'll just sit there switching positions literally every 5 seconds trying to get my muscles to stop spazzing out and feeling all weird and uncomfortable.

As for the girlfriend thing, I laughed pretty good at that one. My roommate actually talks in his sleep. But he is nuts. Sometimes he'll go on for like 30 seconds but other time he'll talk for a good 1 or 2 minutes. Most of the time it's just babbling like he's talking in super speed. But one time, he actually pointed at me and had a conversation with me and I was laughing my ass off after.

My girlfriend doesn't talk in her sleep but she makes moan type noises ( no not sexual ones you pervs :lol: ). Kinda like when you're 1/2 awake and 1/2 asleep and your mom comes in to wake you up and you whine by moaning and croaking.

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha this thread is cool. my mom is a child psycologist. she says that habits like these are so normal, that people WITHOUT habits have problems. i bite my nails. no more than anyone else. in the shower, i always wash myself the same way twice. get wet, wash chest, left arm, right arm, left leg, right legs and then back. with another lufa/rag i do my armpits, d**k/balls and ass. and then with yet another rag, neck and face.

my friend really has ocd/territs (sp?) and we used to f**k with him so bad. he world alphabetize his refrig. never heard of that before and we just go ape s**t on moving things around. he doesn't care that much but its hilarious when he finds out.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
--<EM1>-- said:
haha this thread is cool. my mom is a child psycologist. she says that habits like these are so normal, that people WITHOUT habits have problems. i bite my nails. no more than anyone else. in the shower, i always wash myself the same way twice. get wet, wash chest, left arm, right arm, left leg, right legs and then back. with another lufa/rag i do my armpits, d**k/balls and ass. and then with yet another rag, neck and face.

my friend really has ocd/territs (sp?) and we used to f**k with him so bad. he world alphabetize his refrig. never heard of that before and we just go ape s**t on moving things around. he doesn't care that much but its hilarious when he finds out.
:werd:

As far as sleep.... my sister is kind of weird. She's been known to kick HARD when she wakes up. She almost put a hole in the wall once (hurt her foot) and has almost kicked both my mom and me when we went in to wake her up for school.

He doesn't usually do it, but Jason tossed and turned so much last night that he woke me up at 3AM and I couldn't get back to sleep. Apparently this was his unconcious way of saying, "I'm warm. Amy, go turn the heat down and get me a drink of water." :lol:

For washing, I do the same. Kind of like washing a car... When I was a home health aide they teach you to wash in a certain pattern too. Face, hands/arms, chest, back, legs, "front" (genitals) and "back" (buttocks). This makes things cleaners, especially since you're either washing them in a bath chair or giving them basically a sponge bath in bed. And it's not like if you do a bad job they can clean up after you leave either.

God I hated that job... and not because I washed people. No, because some people are f**king creepy. Ever seen a quadriplegic try to masturbate himself in front of you with his wrists? :scurred: I complained to the agency and they said I didn't have to go back (should have dropped his coverage after all the complaints he's had) but later repeatedly tried to force me to go back. Yet people hear when I quit a job and tell me, "You need to suck it up and deal with things you don't like." :roll:

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm...

i simulate car noises with my mouth..

apexi n1, greddy evo2, blitz bov, subaru sti, 3rd gear vtec, etc

i do it while walking alone or quietly when with friends...

loudly when with the girlfriend in my car.......

im 20 and i still act like a small child

Last edited:

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
hmm...

apexi n1, greddy evo2, blitz bov, subaru sti, 3rd gear vtec,

haha 3RD gear VTEC is sick.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
hmm...

apexi n1, greddy evo2, blitz bov, subaru sti, 3rd gear vtec,

i do that in the shower. sounds better.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ooo yeah even worse..

i mentally downshift on people walking slow as s**t..

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
amej8 said:
I also hate it when people breath on the windows and draw on them. I don't say anything because they're friends and I just keep it to myself.
this is my BIGGEST pet pieve. I HATE when somebody does this :evil:. If its a girl then i'll just let her do it and hold the anger inside but if its a dude, then i'll go off on him :lol:.

I also wiggle the shift knob back and forth when i'm in Neutral.

The only thing I like to have in my back seat is my cd's

I also hate it when somebody leaves s**t in my car that i have to clean up.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
heres a quick list:

_ when I put on pants / shorts, my cell phone / lighter has to be in the left pocket, with my keys / cigarettes (when I have em) in the right pocket and I always tap my ass to make sure my wallet is there. I do it every, single, day.

_ I humm. Whenever Im working on anything I humm annoyling loud non-sense. Its not even a song. My mom says its my ADD.

_ Im a clean freak, everything has to be organized. You should see my tool set.

_ I wont stop in the middle of something, gotta finish EVERYTHING (apart of my OCD nature) . It sucks when you car is disassamble at 4am, but you wont stop (cant stop if you tried). It drives me crazy. If I tried to sleep, id be up in a half n hour back in the garage.

_ One of my HUGEST pet peeves is hearing other people eat. I cant stand it. Ill yell and scream. Ive done it before at complete strangers.

_ I isolate myself cause I cannot stand the stupidity / ignorance of others.

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
ooo yeah even worse..

i mentally downshift on people walking slow as s**t..
O...M....G I do the EXACT same thing and I hit VTEC on them in my head. and I kinda do the motion of downshifting with my hand and hopefully nobody sees it. its the funniest thing :lol:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mental ricers. :lol: