Bad/Weird Habits & Routines, OCD's, etc.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Maybe start an official thread of weird habits & routines you personally have or know of that others have (leave out names, refer to as "someone" unless you or someone you know would like to be named)? Haven't seen one like this and I thought it'd be interesting. Only seen pet peeves and all that but nothing like this...? And I guess try to leave out pictures for 56k viewers.

Purpose of this thread really is to just see how weird others are. I know I've heard of weird but maybe CC can spark something interesting.

I'll start off with someone's I know. And I know he won't mind sharing because he shared this with over 30 people lol. Well whenever he goes to the bathroom (more specifically #2), he has to get completely naked. Literally can't even have a sock on. So even in public bathrooms he has to. Everyone laughed so hard when we all heard him tell us but he can't help it :what:.

And mods can delete this if this is too obscure of a thread.

Last edited:

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^^You know you have a really weird friend right?! LOL,
I guess the "weird" thing I do is when I leave my car I always lock no matter where I am, even in the garage, everyone I know says that it is completely uneccesary. I don't think it will become completely uneccesary until the day I forget to lock my doors and my car gets jacked.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sometimes when im in the shower, i try to spit straight up in the air and catch it in my mouth lol

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jbuck2KCivic said:
^^You know you have a really weird friend right?! LOL,
I guess the "weird" thing I do is when I leave my car I always lock no matter where I am, even in the garage, everyone I know says that it is completely uneccesary. I don't think it will become completely uneccesary until the day I forget to lock my doors and my car gets jacked.
That happened to my buddy. At the time he was driving an 89 Camaro RS and he had 2 10" subs in a box along with an amp. And the ONE night he forgot to lock his car out of the years he had the car, the s**t got stolen. It was just ONE night that he didn't lock the car.

As for your habit/routine, I do the same :lol:. Even when our garage is down and the back door is locked, I still lock my car and make sure it's locked.

Shiznit said:
sometimes when im in the shower, i try to spit straight up in the air and catch it in my mouth lol
OMG :rolf:....

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I like biting/chewing off the skin inside my mouth, mostly from my cheeks.

ryanM

hmm, i bite my nails..umm...when i turn on the water in the shower, i CANT get in on the side i turned the water on at. i move the shower curtain, turn the water on, move to the other side of the bathtub and step into the shower....thats all i can think of now

someone should call this the OCD thread lol...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
someone should call this the OCD thread lol...
Well I think there is an OCD thread but I was actually trying to see if we can distinguish OCD stuff from weird habit/routine stuff you know? There's shades of gray when it comes to both topics but some things are just weird and some things are just OCD.

But yours...man....wtf? :lol: :laugh:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
hmm, i bite my nails..umm...when i turn on the water in the shower, i CANT get in on the side i turned the water on at. i move the shower curtain, turn the water on, move to the other side of the bathtub and step into the shower....thats all i can think of now
I thought everyone did this? I find the bacthtubs with the drains and nozzles in the middle of the length weird...

Okay, let's see if I can think of anything.

- When I use the hemispherical shaped ice cubes like my mom's ice maker makes, I have to use nine of them. If I'm using larger cube shaped ones then I usually use three instead since nine won't fit.

- When I walk into a bathroom I usually have to check behind the shower curtain. No special reason. Just do. I've solved this in my house by getting a clear shower curtain. I've almost completely broken the habit now.

- Have to have the water running to pee.

- Seats, visors, windows in my car all must be even.

- Larger books go at the back of the bookbag.

- Never leave anything in the car. I keep my doors locked everywhere too, even in the garage. Never thought it was weird though. I left a book of CDs on the passenger floor the other day. Still don't like that I did that.

Can't really think of anything weird right now.

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I peel the skin off my lips whenever they're chapped. It's a bad habit I can't get rid of.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when i go #2 i usually take off my shirt

i get withdrawls if i dont ride my mountain bike for a while

if something major on my car breaks i get depressed.

when my new girlfriend calls me to come to her house, i get this really weird feeling in my stomach that goes away once i get in the car, but before that its just weird.

i drink on the chairlift when i go snowboarding. Started last year, and now its no fun to go snowboarding sober.

oh and when i lived with my folks i used to always have the door open .... and now that im with roomates sometimes its closed and sometimes its open and if its night and i get up to go pee or something i usually walk into the door if its closed cause its pitch black and i dont see it lmao

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Melt said:
when my new girlfriend calls me to come to her house, i get this really weird feeling in my stomach that goes away once i get in the car, but before that its just weird.
Butterflies.

Oh, and I get straight up miserable when my car's in bad condition.

ryanM

Melt said:
when i go #2 i usually take off my shirt

i get withdrawls if i dont ride my mountain bike for a while

if something major on my car breaks i get depressed.

i drink on the chairlift when i go snowboarding. Started last year, and now its no fun to go snowboarding sober.

oh and when i lived with my folks i used to always have the door open .... and now that im with roomates sometimes its closed and sometimes its open and if its night and i get up to go pee or something i usually walk into the door if its closed cause its pitch black and i dont see it lmao
one of my friends brings up 1 rolling rock when he goes snowboarding, one and only one, he cracks it open on the first ride up, and its the only drink he has all day. kinda weird to only have 1 beer, but thats what he does

and the bathroom door thing, ive done it before...and our bathroom is right next to my parents room and im pretty sure ive woken them up walking into the door so hard :lol:

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
when i turn on the water in the shower, i CANT get in on the side i turned the water on at. i move the shower curtain, turn the water on, move to the other side of the bathtub and step into the shower....
I do the same thing...and I HAVE to have my car clean at all times possible. I dont mind the inside being alittle messy, but the outside has to have NO dirt on it at all. Ive washed my car 4 times in one week before, because it was too dirty for me. :lol:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EJ6Civic27 said:
I do the same thing...and I HAVE to have my car clean at all times possible. I dont mind the inside being alittle messy, but the outside has to have NO dirt on it at all. Ive washed my car 4 times in one week before, because it was too dirty for me. :lol:
lol I'm the same, when it's summer/spring/early fall. Or when it's just warm out. You should've seen my car yesterday. It almost looed VSM because there was so much dried up salt on the car :rolf:.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've been known to wash my car nearly every day of the week, but I don't think that surprises anyone. Go to a car lot and the cars there are dirtier inside than my car ever is.

Oh yeah, and I HATE when someone touches my car's paint.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
any night that i go out drinking the very first drink i always have is a Corona. if the bar doesnt have corona then i go to a different bar. even if ive already been drinking at home

the first thing i do every morning is turn myself so that im on my back and stare at the ceiling for about 5 minutes.

i wear 2 layers of socks everyday

i have a friend that chews on his toe nails after he clips them :rolf:

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gotta start with the good beer lmao

the bar here has schlitz in cans!

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hmm. Its REALLY (nearly impossible) hard for me to drive with the windows up, even in winter.. or summer and I have working A/C :lol:...And when they're down, they have to be even..

I have to park my car on one side of my complex, and it has to be in one of 6 parking spots.. (I think its a security thing..)

And I lock my doors whenever, whereever I am.. Even if im going outside of the car just to go in the trunk, i still lock the door. Its second nature and I do it completely without thinking about it, but Ive never locked my keys in my car

I also usually wear my hair back in a ponytail on fridays.. Ive pretty much done it since ive had longer hair.. dont know why, I just do..

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
i have a friend that chews on his toe nails after he clips them :rolf:
:rolf: :rolf: :rolf:. I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that...