P0505 Idle Control System Malfunction

TurboEM1

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys my 99 Si is throwing this code. I erased it but it came back an hour later. How do i got about fixing this? What part should I buy? How much?

Also is it safe to do some minor driving untill i fix it?

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
remover the IACV & clean the carbon out of it, if still throws code, then raplace IACV. its like $150

TurboEM1

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
92 4DoorSleeper said:
remover the IACV & clean the carbon out of it, if still throws code, then raplace IACV. its like $150
Any info on where its located and how to remove and clean it?

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Back of the intake manifold, use chock & carb cleaner

Bobo_686

Shiny things amuse me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
open the throttle plate up an just spray the cleaner in and use an old toothbrush, ive found out that works really well and wont scratch the surface

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that wont touch the IACV though, itll clean the thrittle body though lol

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just had this code on my EM1 last night, I was wondering what was done to fix it, or if you did anything to fix it dude?

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
clean IAC valve and check the fast idle thermo valve if you have one.

TurboEM1

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Team2000 said:
I just had this code on my EM1 last night, I was wondering what was done to fix it, or if you did anything to fix it dude?
sorry for the late reply. I unbolted it from the back of the intake manifold. Cleaned it out with carb cleaner really good. Let it soak a lot and rinsed it a lot all with carb cleaner. Sprayed the hell out of it because i didnt want to shell out $190 + for a new one. Then let it sit outside to air dry for about 30 minutes. Bolted it back up and the code never came back **Knock on wood**

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
try the seafoam to bro sounds like ya got a dirty intake

CIVIC12345

5+ Year Member
po505 idle control malfunction poped up i cleaned it with carb choke cleaner still when starting the car rpms go up and then drop like its about do die and after it get warmer the rpms just jump up but when driving and coming to a stop rpm go up and down and then idle at like 1500 or less any help would be appreciated

99SilverCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
po505 idle control malfunction poped up i cleaned it with carb choke cleaner still when starting the car rpms go up and then drop like its about do die and after it get warmer the rpms just jump up but when driving and coming to a stop rpm go up and down and then idle at like 1500 or less any help would be appreciated
what car, what motor you have? I had this issue with my B16A OBD1 motor, had to tighten the plate inside the fast idle valve, on my car it was on the bottom of the throttle body

Ben9919591

5+ Year Member
98 civic ex engine movement

hay guys i have a 98 civic ex. and after replacing all the motor mounts with some new stock ones my shifter still moves up to half of an inch or more wen i am accelerating. i dont like it it makes me feell like i am loosing acceleration speed is it supposed to be like that if not any suggestions???

RonJ

Banned
hay guys i have a 98 civic ex. and after replacing all the motor mounts with some new stock ones my shifter still moves up to half of an inch or more wen i am accelerating. i dont like it it makes me feell like i am loosing acceleration speed is it supposed to be like that if not any suggestions???
What does this have to do with CEL code P0505? You should make your own thread.

MyNaSi51

MyNaSi51
5+ Year Member
i have the same problem but no cel. i cleaned my iacv, o btw i have a b16a2 the car idles much better now, only problem is when u give it gas it revs up but it when the idle decreases it hangs at 1400 -1650 rpm for a few seconds then drops back down? normal or should i still investigate please help