Just wanted some opinions on my wire tuck

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i noticed a pretty drastic difference when i had none in my coupe. and when i got from my CRX to EF Honda EF's, i can notice it, but it isnt as much of a change as my 94 EX coupe was.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
u can run an NRG CELL battery in the stock location like i did:

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I'm just a bit behind this thread, read through the whole thing. Car has came a long way thats for sure. Looks so clean, I love it. Maybe a bit lower and some amber corners, but other than that it's awesome. Now I'm just pondering ideas for when I do my swap in spring: How hard is it to do a wire tuck? Are you basically taking wires, cutting them, running them underneith the motor and resawdering them in the original location? I noticed your engine bay has so many less fluid containers than my bay. Tranny, windshield, coolant, all those fluid containers. Where do you relocate them?

EF Honda EF

thanks man. i will get a different suspension sometime. just tryin to save up for a super charger right now. i like my corners better than the amber they flow with the headlights. wire tuck is pretty easy. just need to know how to solder. i have yet to find my tranny fluid container and my coolant one is still in the bay. threw windsheild stuff out.
Hers a vid of my pull
http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1424222ly3.flv

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks man. i will get a different suspension sometime. just tryin to save up for a super charger right now. i like my corners better than the amber they flow with the headlights. wire tuck is pretty easy. just need to know how to solder. i have yet to find my tranny fluid container and my coolant one is still in the bay. threw windsheild stuff out.
Hers a vid of my pull
My bad. Tranny's are hydraulic so there is no fluid. My parents were sketching about how I should check my tranny fluid because I have some grinding into 2nd when it warms up. So I went into the dealership and they reminded me about that fact. So there is no tranny fluid.

So you still got all the fluids accept windshield washer which is mounted bottom right when stock I beleive. I'm going to take a look at my engine bay and see what can all be cleaned up, potentially. I know how to solder. Do you have to extend any wires? I would think that could affect performance, plus, what wire can you add on to extend it? Sorry for so many questions, just one more...You run the wires underneith the motor or where?

By the way I like your amber gauges, was that a DIY?

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
put as much as you can back into the cabin and run the headlight wires under the fenders, there are a couple holes right before the firewall you can use, or you can use the door hinge hole that the speaker wires go through, once you get them through you can just tie them to the hood cable for the driver's side. with the engine harnesses you basically just want to put them through the holes in the firewall as best you can.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My bad. Tranny's are hydraulic so there is no fluid. My parents were sketching about how I should check my tranny fluid because I have some grinding into 2nd when it warms up. So I went into the dealership and they reminded me about that fact. So there is no tranny fluid.

So you still got all the fluids accept windshield washer which is mounted bottom right when stock I beleive. I'm going to take a look at my engine bay and see what can all be cleaned up, potentially. I know how to solder. Do you have to extend any wires? I would think that could affect performance, plus, what wire can you add on to extend it? Sorry for so many questions, just one more...You run the wires underneith the motor or where?

By the way I like your amber gauges, was that a DIY?
ui can put the clutch master cylinder in the wiper cowl. like the pic in the last post one page back.

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hers a vid of my pull
pretty nice.....let see some more :twisted:

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I don't really know that part your talking about. But when it comes time I'll look into it more and get serious with it. Is this something a 17 year old is capable of doing with past construction work history and a dad as a contractor(all the tools I could need).

EF Honda EF

Well I don't really know that part your talking about. But when it comes time I'll look into it more and get serious with it. Is this something a 17 year old is capable of doing with past construction work history and a dad as a contractor(all the tools I could need).
i am 17.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
being a contractor isn't going to get you many proper tools at all required to work on your car.

you need flare wrenches and ratchets....not pipe wrenches and channel locks.

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks sweet as hell.......thats what i wanted to do to the sol. but never got around to it. when i drop the new motor in over the winter ill do it.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
being a contractor isn't going to get you many proper tools at all required to work on your car.

you need flare wrenches and ratchets....not pipe wrenches and channel locks.
Sorry for the in between talk here EF:lol:Ya I realize that. But my dad has a bunch of sockets, so I'm covered in that area. I was talking to one of his workers the other day when I was working with him and he said I could borrow his engine hoist and stand. He also had an impact wrench and some other mechanic tools. Those should definetly help.

EF Honda EF

i got this rare item today for free. a jdm arm rest. it is a little worn but is a very nice feature to have.

you can see the wear on it in this one. I am planning on rewrapin it with some kinda of grey fabric to match my seats since i dont have the stock si's.

EF Honda EF

so this weeked i got a ton done on my crx. Got me a hytech replica header, relocated the batree, made a CAI, got a new radiator(silver) and a slim fan. Then i put the Si door panels on and made a new exhaust.

and a little quick custom fab on steves radiator bracket(shortened it)

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
those pics need to be larger man...whats the deal?

looks nice up front, but that bat tree is HUGE! is that for a Ford Excursion with a 10 speaker stereo system!?!?!

what did u do to the exhaust? just adjusted it up front at the header? intake looks sweet too.

EF Honda EF

those pics need to be larger man...whats the deal?

looks nice up front, but that bat tree is HUGE! is that for a Ford Excursion with a 10 speaker stereo system!?!?!

what did u do to the exhaust? just adjusted it up front at the header? intake looks sweet too.
the battery is the smallest sealed battery at my work.

For the exhaust i got the stock exhaust off of marks eg and shortened it(a lot) and welded a flange just like you had onto the cat.The exhaust stops right before the fuel tank. It sounds really nice too. it has a stock ungutted cat which im sure is keeping it quiet but i am thinking about drilling like a 1" hole threw it so there is still a bunch of catilist and high flow. that kid arron i helpped put the b16 in has a thermal exhaust muffler so i am gonna ask him if i can have it and finish running the exhaust.

the first time i took the car out with the intake the tire hit the filter and knocked it off, then i ran over it. but its fixed now.
pics are bigger now